Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Oakwood High School is a public school located in Fithian, IL. It has 306 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Oakwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C42 Students
- A+40 Students
- B32 Students
- B31 Students
- C+17 Students
- B+14 Students
- B-14 Students
- A+14 Students
- B-14 Students
- B+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Oakwood High School
- B-Westville High School
- Westville Community Unit School District No. 2, IL
- 32 reviews
- C+Georgetown-Ridge Farm High School
- Georgetown-Ridge Farm Community Unit School District No. 4, IL
- 24 reviews
- C+Danville High School
- Danville Community Consolidated School District No. 118, IL
- 218 reviews
- B-Armstrong High School
- Public School
- Armstrong, IL
- 15 reviews
Oakwood High School Reviews
Some things that I liked about Oakwood was the small school environment and I felt like it made it easy to get one on one time with teachers when needed. There was many ways to get involved in the school and gain friendships. A couple things that I feel like should be changed is the way that they try to prepare you for college and I think they need to focus a little bit more on that.
OHS has some of the best school spirit out there. The students all get along, the athletics are great, and the band always pumps up the students for home football and basketball games.
The school is in a small town so every one knows everyone. The classes are small and intimate which is beneficial if you are having problems understating the class. What I would like to see changed is more higher level classes, AP classes and more diversity in classes available for foreign language.