Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A+
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade C
- Foodgrade A+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Oakwood High School is a top rated, public school located in Dayton, OH. It has 697 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Oakwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+191 Students
- grade A minus137 Students
- grade A minus133 Students
- grade A113 Students
- grade A minus97 Students
- grade B minus53 Students
- grade B+49 Students
- grade A+41 Students
- grade A+40 Students
- grade A+34 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responses
- Themed days27%
- Senior Prank14%
- We don't really do anything fun9%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,795 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 20 responses
Schools like Oakwood High School
- grade ABellbrook High School
- Bellbrook-Sugarcreek Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.92 out of 5 156 reviews
- grade A minusSpringboro High School
- Springboro Community City School District, OH
- Rating 3.82 out of 5 307 reviews
- grade A minusTippecanoe High School
- Tipp City Exempted Village School District, OH
- Rating 3.82 out of 5 165 reviews
- grade A minusBeavercreek High School
- Beavercreek City School District, OH
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 388 reviews
Oakwood High School Reviews
Rating 3.94 out of 5 141 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I've gone to Oakwood almost my entire scholastic career and I can tell you there is no other place like it. The teachers are incredible, bullying is pretty much non-existent (in my experience), and the building and the school's history are incredible! I highly recommend this school for students taking their learning seriously.
Oakwood High School provided an excellent, welcoming community for me as a new student. It has a myriad of extracurricular activities that cover every possible group of interests. The teachers are supportive and encourage you to do your best work, and they make it clear that they are available to talk if a student has any questions or concerns. School spirit is strong, and sports and academics are celebrated fairly equally. There are certainly high expectations for the students academically and extracurricularly, but the administration makes efforts to listen to the students, relieve stress, and provide the best possible opportunities for the kids. Overall, it is a wonderful and open school environment for practically any student.
As a graduating senior from Oakwood and having gone K-12 with the Oakwood schools, I can confidently say that the Oakwood Schools are unbeatable. The faculty connect exceptionally well with the students and there is a great, friendly and supportive dynamic within the school. I have talked with students from and been inside of other school districts, and continually come to the conclusion of how special Oakwood is. With about 170 students/grade, it is just enough to connect as a class but still have the opportunity to get to know new people. Going into college and going through the application process, I feel so prepared for the future. My siblings and their friends return from college to say that they are better prepared than their peers from other high schools. I am amazed by how dedicated and hard working the guidance department is and believe that they do not get enough credit for all of their hard work.