Oakton High School Reviews

Academically speaking Oakton is a good school and has various programs and projects which are helpful for college readiness. Things like the implementation of project based learning experiences and the capstone projects are very helpful despite being considered a pain by many of the students.
My experience with this school was good. Most of the teachers are good and can help you if you need something.
It’s been about one year since I first came here at oakton high school. All are unfamiliar for me, but it got better soon. There are a lot of cultures in our school; one of my favorites is culture festival where you can experience diversity of our school and lots of culture shows. Also, we have career center. You can find your fit colleges, scholarships, internships, and summer camps with resources that they have. It is helpful for me to find these easily whenever I want to know more about. One of the reasons why I think that my school is academic is Capstone project. Capstone project is a project about what each students want to research over four years of high school. Additionally, we present our research on PoL ( presentation of learning) and EoL ( Exhibition of learning ) which are held once in a year. We can share our presentation and some thoughts to teachers, parents or other students.
Start Your Review of Oakton High School
Oakton is among one of the more competitive schools in NOVA, and this has its own pros and cons. Some pros include that students strive for the best, are ambitious, and the tough academics of the school is promising for college preparedness. On the other hand, the stress caused by social and academic pressure has, from my experience and that of my peers led to extremely high-stress levels for students. It is frequent that students get tunnel vision between their academics and college acceptances, which creates an overall toxic environment.
I came to this school in my sophomore year from a whole different educational than what they have here but with their continuous support and efforts, they made my transition go very smoothly.
Oakton High School is a great place to study, the teachers are very good and the students are very helpful and understanding, the food could improve but other than that it’s a pretty good school.
Most of the teachers at Oakton are very kind and open with their students. Most of the teachers I had were very knowledgeable about their subject and provided all the help students needed. They also made sure the students understood their grades did not define them. Some downfalls of Oakton were that some departments did not have a uniform curriculum among the teachers, which was unfair to the students, and the retake policies were too lenient.
I learned a lot at Oakton and the teachers are usually helpful but there is a huge amount of grade and GPA inflation. This influences students scores and grades to apear higher or better than the actually are.
I enjoy the diversity and the friendly administrative staff at Oakton, but it also has an unbreakable culture for overloading on APs, therefore, there is always high demands set on entering students by the atmosphere at the school. Everything else at the school is quite mundane and nothing out of the ordinary; bad school food, good and bad teachers, ever-changing restroom and retake policies etc. Overall, Oakton's academics seem to have an immense focus on business education, thus there are many options available for business classes. But the school culture taken into a complete perspective is creative and very realistic; thoroughly prepares students for college and work.
I got a bit carried away with my review, and it exceeded 1000 characters (which by the way is an absolutely anemic limit for school reviews), so I put it on Pastebin for you guys to read.

SafetyN/A
Oakton though very diverse, is not in the best shape right now because of renovations. The sports teams aren't doing so well, but the academics are still very good in the sense the teachers put forth effort and will go out of their way to teach you.
Good experience with this school, and some great students and staff. A high achieving high school with low diversity, Caucasians and Asians make up the majority of the population. Major renovation started in 2018, many parts of the school are closed off for construction.
My experience was okay overall. Most of the teachers were great and I love certain classes like AP psychology, photography, and AP biology. There’s also a really great community of clubs—Best Buddies is my favorite part of Oakton. However, I’ve also had some bad teachers. My worst experiences were with the math program, especially algebra 2 honors sophomore year. The construction going on right now is also a pain, and it has made my junior and senior experience especially worse. There’s very little parking, so this makes it harder for students to stay after school. It also forces students (who aren’t seniors) to wake up earlier just so they can get a parking lot on the street, and oakton is already a 20 minute or more commute for most students. Lastly, the spirit is terrible. I’ve never seen a school so inspirited, and it makes the high school experience a lot less fun.
Oakton High School is a strong acedimic school. The only thing I don’t like about this school is that they are doing renovations, but I believe after the constructions, the school would be even greater. Also, oakton’s sports are above average too, the only sport they aren’t really good at is football, but besides that, they are basically at least one of the best at districts for all sports.
I really enjoy the topics and the effort that the teachers put into their classes. However, I wish that some would just help students one to one and not intimidate them.
High School is typically a roller coaster of emotions, but my experience at Oakton was still amazing and I wouldn't have had it any other way. My teachers inspired me to do so much and supported me academically and emotionally. Although renovations started my senior year, it was very manageable and easy to learn how to be flexible around the construction and cougar towne.
Start Your Review of Oakton High School
Oakton High School has been so helpful to me. I’m so thankful for be a student at Oakto it helped me to learned English. And prepared me for college. Excellent School.
I really like this school. Overall, the teachers provide a positive environment and are helpful with schoolwork.
Oakton is a challenging and very diverse school. The environment is very safe and secure for the students.