Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Oakmont Regional High School is an above average, public school located in Ashburnham, MA. It has 675 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Oakmont Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A111 Students
- C+77 Students
- A+55 Students
- C+53 Students
- B+41 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+31 Students
- B+30 Students
- B-25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 69 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Oakmont Regional High School
- A-Wachusett Regional High School
- Wachusett Public Schools, MA
- 341 reviews
- A-Lunenburg High School
- Lunenburg Public Schools, MA
- 79 reviews
- B+Montachusett Regional Vocational Technical School
- Public School
- Fitchburg, MA
- 216 reviews
- B-Murdock High School
- Winchendon Public Schools, MA
- 8 reviews
Oakmont Regional High School Reviews
The art program at Oakmont is amazing. The two art teachers are the life of the art program and the talent of our fellow students is really remarkable. For a small school, you get individualized attention, and that's nice. I wish there was more diversity, but we live in a small town, so not much to do about that!
My experience at Oakmont Regional High School so far has been fantastic. I have been able to participate in multiple clubs that interest me, I have always felt accepted and included, and I am able to play in sports that I enjoy. The teachers at Oakmont are extremely kind and intelligent too. They make you feel like you belong while getting a good education at the same time. However, my school lacks in the courses that are offered. The amount of AP classes are very limited, and I would like to see an AP biology and others along those lines. Likewise, the only language classes available are French and Spanish, and I would really like to see other languages represented like Italian, Latin, or German. Nonetheless, even though my experience has been pleasant, I know that many of my peers do not agree. I really enjoy my school, but there can always be improvements.
What I liked about Oakmont is that it has a good community and all the students that go there are very welcoming. Coming in during junior year, it was a hard adjustment but the guidance department works very hard and they made it feel like home. Everyone is very nice and the teachers are amazing at their job!