Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Oakley Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Oakley, KS. It has 127 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Oakley Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B43 Students
- A40 Students
- B-23 Students
- A-23 Students
- B-17 Students
- B7 Students
- B+7 Students
- B-6 Students
- B5 Students
- C+5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responses
- Homecoming and Prom.43%
- Fall Play29%
- Spirit Week14%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Oakley Senior High School Reviews
I enjoy that there are lots of clubs to choose from at Oakley. I sometimes feel that a few teachers in particular at Oakley don’t want to be there and don’t want us to be there. I know that students have brought this up to the higher ups yet they have done nothing about it. I also feel that our band program could be lots better but the higher ups are not trying to help the program.
Oakley is a very laid back school with lots of teachers who truly care about helping their students learn and their general wellbeing. While I was in school there was no "cliques." Although all the students might not hangout or be close friends and everyone gets along. Although I had a good experience with the teachers, staff and all my classes it is a school that is very focused on sports. Not everyone is in sports so that does leave some students out.
Going to school here was great, the teachers were all helpful and knowledgeable. They taught us what was needed and allowed for us to grow in the direction we choose. Sports were a big part of the school, being that it was smaller most students were a part of some type of sport or another.