grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A
Oakfield-Alabama Middle/High School is a public school located in Oakfield, NY. It has 364 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Oakfield-Alabama Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus43 Students
- grade B minus30 Students
- grade B+28 Students
- grade A minus28 Students
- grade A minus23 Students
- grade B minus15 Students
- grade B14 Students
- grade A+12 Students
- grade B12 Students
- grade B minus10 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responses
- Sporting events83%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$32,013 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 10 responses
Schools like Oakfield-Alabama Middle/High School
- grade B minusPembroke Junior/Senior High School
- Pembroke Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 84 reviews
- grade B minusAttica Senior High School
- Attica Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.44 out of 5 55 reviews
- grade C+Alexander Middle/High School
- Alexander Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.56 out of 5 39 reviews
- grade BByron-Bergen Junior/Senior High School
- Byron-Bergen Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.9 out of 5 42 reviews
Oakfield-Alabama Middle/High School Reviews
Rating 3.49 out of 5 61 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The benefit offered at Oakfield-Alabama Middle/High School is unique in that the interaction and investment between teachers and students is at the forefront of the educational experience. The teachers genuinely care for the aspirations and interests of the students and try to integrate it into their teaching schedules. However, one thing that could be improved within the school district is the direction of the administrative body and how they interact with the teachers. There is a rift that exists within the interests of each body and can cause some gridlock in the advance of student institutions or activities. Overall, however, the experience for a student at this combined middle/high school is great and provides a small village environment for children to be raised in.
Oakfield is a small community so of course tons of drama occurred within the school. But the atmosphere was generally calm and I enjoyed the teachers and the activities we had the opportunity to take part in. The teachers are always there for the students and the school offers top notch education.
I've been attending the Oakfield Alabama district from kindergarten all the way to my senior year. Throughout the years the school has always done its best with improving, whether it be with the elementary playgrounds or the fitness room. The school food was somewhat edible, but after a few years I've relied on packing my own lunch. There are many extracurricular activities and sports anyone can participate in. The teachers are all very nice and, with the school being so small, they know everything that occurs on the school grounds. The school has a Facebook page, a website page, and a newsletter to try and let parents know what's happening throughout the community and school. Although, you don't always know what's happening unless you really listen to the loudspeaker or look at the information slideshow on the televisions in the hallways. The website page isn't always updated, but when it is, the events are posted for the parents and the community.