Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Oakes High School is a public school located in Oakes, ND. It has 209 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+34 Students
- B+21 Students
- B14 Students
- B12 Students
- B+11 Students
- A-6 Students
- B-6 Students
- B-6 Students
- A+6 Students
- B5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Oakes High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Oakes High School Reviews
I enjoyed my time at OHS. It was the common mix of amazing teachers and the ones you wonder why they are teachers in the first place. However, my biggest problem with OHS is that I was not prepared for college after graduation.
The faculty members were pleasant and enjoyable to be around. They were friendly and made the school a welcoming environment. As for academics, I felt they were lacking of. I didn't feel prepared for college after graduating from Oakes School
I like going to school at OHS because it is a smaller school, so you know almost everybody and all of the teachers know every student. With the school being smaller, you're actually able to get the one on one time with teachers for extra help, if you need to. Also, the teachers aren't just people that stand in front of the room and talk about their lessons, they actually interact with you and know you. They get to know you and your interests outside of school, and they actually care if you're doing good in school, and out of school. You're not just another number here like people is larger schools are.