Oak Ridge High School is a highly rated, public school located in Oak Ridge, TN. It has 1,388 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Oak Ridge High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-230 Students
- B-81 Students
- A+78 Students
- B63 Students
- B-53 Students
- B52 Students
- C+49 Students
- B27 Students
- C+27 Students
- B+26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 38 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Oak Ridge High School Reviews
Oak Ridge High School is a school unlike any other. Not only do the teachers want to see their students succeed, but they celebrate the successes with the students. I have found this very important as I get ready to go to college because, reflecting back, my teachers are the people who have helped me become the best version of me possible. Freshman year I would never have thought that I could have experienced anything near to the amount of things I have accomplished and these experiences come from my teachers and the confidence they helped me build up in myself. Being a STEM certified school is nothing to look past either. The administration strives for excellence and makes it known that every person in the school should do so as well and be proud to strive for such excellence. Goals are made and met through Oak Ridge High School and I am proud to be able to have attended such an amazing school and school system.
ORHS can definitely help students get ready for college. There are lots of clubs and organizations at the school, and plenty of athletic teams. There are many talented and great teachers, but some really terrible teachers (particularly in the math department). Overall, ORHS is a rewarding but sometimes frustrating experience.
Oak Ridge High School taught me not only how to express my ideas effectively, but also how to think for myself. The rigorous coursework, phenomenal teachers, and abundance opportunities, almost OVER prepare a student for college. I would recommend the Oak Ridge School district for any parent trying to seek the best public education for their child.