Oak Ridge High School is a top rated, public school located in Oak Ridge, TN. It has 1,377 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Oak Ridge High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-250 Students
- B99 Students
- A+82 Students
- B73 Students
- B68 Students
- B66 Students
- C+49 Students
- B38 Students
- B-33 Students
- B-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 45 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Oak Ridge High School Reviews
I felt proud of my education at Oak Ridge. We're one of the best in the area and most of the teachers (a certain geometry teacher is most definitely excluded) are extremely dedicated to their students. The AP history teachers are all amazing, and definitely prepared me for college more than anything else. The administration is alright--a little too strict. Because of this, I felt burnt out by junior year. Despite all of that, since starting college this year I've realized just how much Oak Ridge prepared me compared to other students in my freshman classes. Most of the things I've been learning so far in college I'd already been taught at Oak Ridge. I'm definitely proud of my Oak Ridge education. Once a wildcat, always a wildcat.
Great school! Lots of AP and dual enrollment classes. Students are generally friendly. Great chorus program! Plenty of after school activities to choose from. Teachers are friendly and helpful.
Oak Ridge High School is a school unlike any other. Not only do the teachers want to see their students succeed, but they celebrate the successes with the students. I have found this very important as I get ready to go to college because, reflecting back, my teachers are the people who have helped me become the best version of me possible. Freshman year I would never have thought that I could have experienced anything near to the amount of things I have accomplished and these experiences come from my teachers and the confidence they helped me build up in myself. Being a STEM certified school is nothing to look past either. The administration strives for excellence and makes it known that every person in the school should do so as well and be proud to strive for such excellence. Goals are made and met through Oak Ridge High School and I am proud to be able to have attended such an amazing school and school system.