Oak Ridge High School is a top rated, public school located in Oak Ridge, TN. It has 1,414 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Oak Ridge High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-322 Students
- B138 Students
- A+103 Students
- B+101 Students
- B92 Students
- B85 Students
- C+60 Students
- B47 Students
- B46 Students
- C+46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 45 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Oak Ridge High School Reviews
Honestly my experience in this school has been great, it is the school where I met the vast majority of my friends and I met quite a lot of great teachers aside from that, the school here doesn’t have that many fights, like I said I’m being honest. The school may not be as cool looking as the others do, but it has good people/students here, most people are chill and some can be hotheaded, nothing bad usually happens here. I honestly like this school, the people around here are nice (usually) , welp that’s the end of this survey,
I've really enjoyed my experience at ORHS. It has so many opportunities to take challenging classes, both AP and DE. There are lots of fun clubs to join, like Philosophy Club and sports to play, like tennis. We have good orchestra, band and chorus programs, involving many competitions and fun trips. My favorite part of ORHS has definitely been the teachers. Teachers here really care about their students and go above and beyond to help them succeed. Many come in early to help students with homework, and on top of that will let students get homework help during lunch.
Oak Ridge High School has a large selection of classes and extracurricular activities available to students. The teachers are almost all great at teaching and being open to students. ORHS pushes students to take Honors and AP classes, so most students will be prepared for college. The administration is not great, announcements are not relayed well and there are only 4 guidance councilors for the entire student body. Said students number over a thousand and are very diverse. Overall, ORHS is a very good school that provides a quality education to its students.