Oak Ridge High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-190 Students
- A+71 Students
- B-56 Students
- B54 Students
- B-47 Students
- B41 Students
- B-41 Students
- B+25 Students
- B-23 Students
- A+22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 35 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Oak Ridge High School Reviews
Review Oak Ridge High School
Oak Ridge High School, a school where teachers who enjoy challenging their students are present around every corner but are willing to tutor whenever. A school where teachers genuinely love seeing the lightbulb go off in their students eyes and will do anything possible to see them understand it. College readiness is expected among the teachers to teach the students, with many alums coming back to tell the students how much more prepared they were, compared to their new peers. Not only are the academics pressured, but the athletics are precious to this school and community. Oak Ridge High School is known for exceeding in many aspects, but especially academics and athletics. With many clubs and social events to join, nobody is left out. I am honored to be an Oak Ridge Wildcat and I highly recommend this high school to anyone.
This high school has an excellent academic program. There are a number of AP, dual-enrollment, and advanced classes to choose from to prepare yourself for college. There is a large variety of classes as well, including performing arts, technology-based, science, math, social studies, and more. One downside is the strict dress code policy.
I love my school because it's my home and it's what I know. Compared to other surrounding schools we are one of the best and one of the best schools in Tennessee. After awhile it gets old but I will never let anyone disrespect my school in front of me. It's just an Oak Ridge thing I guess. I wish the school focused on all its students and encouraged everyone to get involved. I wish everyone had a chance at really joining clubs and receiving opportunities that higher up students always get. Most of the time the school does not want just anybody representing them in anyway just the ones they are familiar with so basically fairness and equity.