Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Oak Mt. High School is a highly rated, public school located in Birmingham, AL. It has 1,552 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Oak Mt. High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A365 Students
- A-266 Students
- A264 Students
- A-112 Students
- B108 Students
- B92 Students
- A-86 Students
- A+77 Students
- B-74 Students
- B+56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.49 responses
Oak Mt. High School Reviews
I loved the school spirit of oak mountain! Durning the duration of my time at Oak mountain although I was a new student they made me feel at home. The pep rally’s were so warming and welcoming and some of the other people there were extremely nice and helped me transition into how they do things as far as academics and organizations. Oak Mountain has an abundance of clubs and organizations to join and everyone is so amazing from the staff to the students !
Oak Mountain is a great school! There are so many different opportunities to get involved. We are one of the top schools involving education, we have great academics. Oak Mountain also has a lunch period called soar 60, which is where Tuesday- Friday you get a whole hour for lunch to get help from a teacher, hang out with friends, etc.
I recently moved to Oak Mountain High School this year in March. I had the best transition here. The staff is absolutely amazing, words can’t even describe it. The teachers go out of their way to help you succeed. Something i’m not really used to. Even for new kids, they have a program where the take a day out and they call it “Impact Day” they basically take new students who’ve been there for a short period of time, and also older students who have always went to oak mountain and combine them in the schools gym and have activities to meet and greet people. I met some amazing students from it, who have been really close friends to me. It was one of the best days. Oak Mountain is one of the best schools around who wants to see you succeed in every way you can. So glad we made we move to come here. Hopefully you will do the same with your children! #goom