Oak Hills High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-393 Students
- A+170 Students
- B-158 Students
- A-115 Students
- A111 Students
- A-92 Students
- B89 Students
- B-82 Students
- B54 Students
- B+45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 110 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Oak Hills High School Reviews
Review Oak Hills High School
I've enjoyed Oak Hills High School's unique approach to real world issues and global awareness. All the teachers are very energetic and determined to help students as much as possible. In my opinion, there are many things the school could do to improve the overall experience of each student. For example, my senior year(2016-17), almost all school work is done online on chromebooks. I have an issue with this because I learn better when I write on actual paper and I'm sure that there are many other students like me. My biggest positive with the school has been college readiness and preparation for the future. I think the school does a great job of keeping students on course to go to college by informing students of deadlines for applications, ACT preparation, scheduling college visits, and having an answer for any question you could have related to college.
The administrators always tell every student to look for a sticker that says visitor or a school ID/badge because if they don't have one of these things on, then you need to report it. We also always have police officers on duty who are armed to make sure everything is safe! We have a drug dog that does sweeps of lockers and parking lots about twice a week, and we also have security cameras and the extra technology to make sure that we are safe.
I have loved going to Oak Hills High School. I initially thought I might attend a Catholic school, but am so glad I chose Oak Hills instead. I have been blessed to participate in numerous extracurricular and organizations/ sports (Mock Trial, Guatemalan Exchange Program, and Swimming are my favorites!) , which have taught me so much about myself and have greatly supplemented the great coursework. The school is really diverse and I feel like I have been adequately prepared for the real world. We accept students with disabilities and have students of all backgrounds. The staff and number of opportunities here(academic, flexibility, and extracurricular) is what really makes this school great.