Oak Hill High School is a public school located in Wales, ME. It has 444 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Oak Hill High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+54 Students
- C+35 Students
- B28 Students
- B-24 Students
- B24 Students
- B-20 Students
- C+18 Students
- B-17 Students
- A+12 Students
- C12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Oak Hill High School
- CEdward Little High School
- Auburn Public Schools, ME
- 115 reviews
- CGardiner Area High School
- Regional School Unit No. 11 (MSAD 11), ME
- 145 reviews
- B-Leavitt Area High School
- Regional School Unit No. 52 (MSAD 52), ME
- 112 reviews
- BHall-Dale High School
- Regional School Unit No. 02 (MSAD 02), ME
- 75 reviews
Oak Hill High School Reviews
Although I didn't love Oak Hill High School, It was comparable to most other high schools across the state of Maine. The implementation of new customized learning policies created chaos to the learning environment. Teachers, although passionate about education, did not understand the new system, and the administration was no less clueless.
Not the best school, not the worst, but somewhere in the middle. Has its bad parts, drugs, academic challenges, i.e small poor school experience. But also has its upsides, good sports programs for a small school, some great teachers, and a mostly positive environment
Oak Hill High School is a very average school as the facilities are mediocre at best although the community works hard to create a better environment with the very small budget that the school has. The school looks to stay up to date and keep all appliances and facilities relevant although often times not new. The teachers do very well in preparing the students for post high school and allowing them to create the best future situation for themselves possible.