grade C minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade D minus
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Oak Hill High School is a public school located in Wales, ME. It has 400 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Oak Hill High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B64 Students
- grade C+41 Students
- grade B minus38 Students
- grade B minus34 Students
- grade C33 Students
- grade C+31 Students
- grade C+28 Students
- grade C+21 Students
- grade A+20 Students
- grade C18 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responses
- Our schools dances suck!14%
- Spirit Week14%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,592 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 11 responses
Schools like Oak Hill High School
- grade CEdward Little High School
- Auburn Public Schools, ME
- Rating 3.38 out of 5 136 reviews
- grade B minusGardiner Area High School
- Regional School Unit No. 11 (MSAD 11), ME
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 157 reviews
- grade B minusLeavitt Area High School
- Regional School Unit No. 52 (MSAD 52), ME
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 123 reviews
- grade B minusHall-Dale Middle and High School
- Regional School Unit No. 02 (MSAD 02), ME
- Rating 3.38 out of 5 82 reviews
Oak Hill High School Reviews
Rating 3.16 out of 5 91 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience at Oak Hill High School has overall been really good. Most of the teachers I have had throughout high school have been very helpful in helping me get through my work when I need help. The staff at our school overall really cares for the students here and their well-being. Guidance does a pretty good job of getting us ready for college including a junior and senior interview with every student to see where we're at and what we need to get done. We also have really good school spirit here most years during our homecoming and spring fling events. The school does have some issues such as a pretty big drug use and vaping problem but for the most part that is unfortunately today's society, not necessarily an issue my school has in particular. Overall, my school is a really good school to attend and has set me up for success.
I really like the teachers! Most are friendly and easy to talk to. The content is okay but the teachers do encourage kids to push forward and challenge themselves.
Oak hill was an environment that you really had to get used to and just focus on yourself and ignore what everyone else was doing. There was always a lot of drama going on and as long as you stayed out of it, it was fine. its high school. no one likes high school. The academic part of it could definitely use improvement in helping students and not focusing so much on individualized learning and teaching as a whole. If everyone is on the same page all the time it makes the whole process smoother.