Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Oak Hill High School is a public school located in Elmer, LA. It has 765 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 56% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Oak Hill High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B49 Students
- B37 Students
- B28 Students
- B+26 Students
- A-22 Students
- B+20 Students
- B18 Students
- B-11 Students
- B+9 Students
- B7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Oak Hill High School
Oak Hill High School Reviews
Oak Hill is located in a small community where everyone knows everyone. The school is a K thru 12 school and I have gone here all of my life. Oak Hill High School ranks high in our parish on their test scores and has loving caring teachers. When you walk into the halls of Oak Hill they know if you are visiting or if you belong there. Our school has lots of clubs to be involved during the school year. Being that we are a small school we only have a few sports to choice from cross county, track, basketball and baseball/softball. The community is very involved in our sports and supports the school. I have loved growing up and learning at Oak Hill School.
Most of the staff care about you individually and your education. However, there are some questionable teachers throughout my school life that did not teach and departed the school early in their careers. Those teachers gave me no knowledge in some subjects and hindered my high school education. Also, I do not like the limited sports and programs the school provides.
This is a very small and friendly school. If you are looking for a wholesome learning environment for your student, look no further!