Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Oak Harbor High School is a highly rated, public school located in Oak Harbor, WA. It has 1,561 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Oak Harbor High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A214 Students
- B+204 Students
- A-195 Students
- C119 Students
- B-106 Students
- B-72 Students
- B+64 Students
- B+59 Students
- A-56 Students
- A-53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 59 responses
- Spirit week25%
- Homecoming week or holland happening24%
- Football games22%
- Back to School Dance7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like Oak Harbor High School
- BHome Connection Parent Partnership Program
- Oak Harbor School District, WA
- 11 reviews
- B-La Conner High School
- La Conner School District, WA
- 30 reviews
- BCoupeville High School
- Coupeville School District, WA
- 73 reviews
- A-Anacortes High School
- Anacortes School District, WA
- 215 reviews
Oak Harbor High School Reviews
One of the things I really liked about OHHS was the cafeteria! It's a large area with a loft (usually for Seniors) and there are several types of food choices available: Asian, Sandwiches, Salads, Burgers, and even food made by students. This school provides lots of AP courses and has (mostly) capable teachers. As most high schools go, many of the clubs are popularity based and not very welcoming. This goes especially for the student council. The things I'd love for them to work on is getting actual history teachers rather than having PE/Sports coaches show videos/documentaries all class. In addition, there are many faculty members (eg. Hall/Lunch monitors) that are high on power and snap at students easily without letting them explain themselves. For example on my first day of school, I opened the door for a student then got yelled at for 5 minutes for helping a class skipper! They didn't listen to me when I said I didn't know.
I had a great experience at OHHS. The community is very diverse and connected. The staff are always kind, helpful, and supportive. The teachers really make an effort to help students succeed. OHHS provides tons of resources and opportunities to participate in sports and clubs. Spirit weeks are always fun too!
I love Oak Harbor HIgh School because the counselors and teachers are so supportive and are there for everyone. The opportunities are great. There are so many clubs and sports to join so, so there is a place for everyone. Our sports teams and choir are very good when it comes to competitions and I am very proud of the coaches and choir/band teachers for creating such amazing teams for competitions. The food in the school's cafeteria is ok, but the school's DECA store has really good food that everyone loves to eat. The counselors there helped me in my college search and have helped me get ready to apply for college with my transition from Skagit Valley College in Running Start to the next college I plan to attend. The school culture is wonderful. Everyone is very joyful in the hallways and the pep assemblies are extraordinary. We also have a parade and tailgate party before the Homecoming football game that is always top tier. The teachers and academics are great for every skill level