grade C minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade C minus
- College Prepgrade C minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Oak Glen High School is a public school located in New Cumberland, WV. It has 560 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Oak Glen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus107 Students
- grade B minus84 Students
- grade C+37 Students
- grade B minus35 Students
- grade C32 Students
- grade C17 Students
- grade A16 Students
- grade C+16 Students
- grade A+15 Students
- grade B15 Students
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responses
- Spirit Week50%
- Pep rallies25%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,741 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 5 responses
Schools like Oak Glen High School
- grade B minusWeir High School
- Hancock County Schools, WV
- Rating 3.5 out of 5 66 reviews
- grade CSouthern Local Junior/Senior High School
- Southern Local School District (Salineville), OH
- Rating 3.31 out of 5 26 reviews
- grade CBurgettstown Area Middle/High School
- Burgettstown Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.32 out of 5 73 reviews
- grade CBrooke High School
- Brooke County Schools, WV
- PK, 9-12
- Rating 3.11 out of 5 70 reviews
Oak Glen High School Reviews
Rating 3.44 out of 5 57 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I liked the opportunities for college credit courses. I think Oak Glen should promote college courses so that students are aware of all courses that can be taken. I believe Oak Glen should better inform high school students, especially seniors, about scholarships and applying to colleges. I have also noticed that other high schools have inclusive scholarships for their students. Oak Glen should work harder to provide this for their students.
My experience at Oak Glen has been very average. I have been involved in multiple sports through my high school career, and Oak Glen has allowed me to do so. It has taught me many things for learning in the class room to learning about leadership, friendship and sportsmanship. At Oak Glen we have many committed teachers but not all of them are. They really need to improve the quality of the teacher. Also, the way the teacher's teach and what they teach needs to change.
My experience at Oak Glen High School was great. I got to do extra-curricular activities that other schools do not have. I also had great teachers that helped me with everything I needed. Lastly, I loved my IEP team they showed me that even no I was different I still could have done good in school. I think I would change the time of school because it is too early, and people do not focus or due assignments in the morning. I see my friends and other students doing rely well on 2-hour delay days. I also would change the absent policy. I think if its medical and you bring in a not it should be excused. I think it should be given 3 days because it does not give them so much time for them to miss but a good amount of time to get there make up work. Lastly, I think they should change classroom sizes because it would give teachers time to help students that need it. I think Oak Glen has been a rely good school to attend and I would have not wanted to go any wear else.