Oak Creek High School is a highly rated, public school located in Oak Creek, WI. It has 2,077 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Oak Creek High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+281 Students
- B+273 Students
- A127 Students
- B110 Students
- A-93 Students
- A+88 Students
- B82 Students
- A-72 Students
- B+68 Students
- B-65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 130 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.66 responses
Schools like Oak Creek High School
- A-Whitnall High School
- Whitnall School District, WI
- 105 reviews
- AWest High School
- Wauwatosa School District, WI
- 147 reviews
- B+South Milwaukee High School
- South Milwaukee School District, WI
- 162 reviews
- B+Greenfield High School
- Greenfield School District, WI
- 220 reviews
Oak Creek High School Reviews
The classes are okay, depends really on the teacher and the subject that's being taught. Lunch, like any other high school lunch, is pretty normal. The school created a freshmen campus for just the freshmen, so they are just separated from a true high school experience and from all the other grade levels. The freshmen campus is super nice with just nice seats and building. However, compared to the main campus (original building), it's legit dirt compared to freshmen campus. The flooring is completely dirty and usually the conditioner and heater never work during the seasons. There are also times the wifi doesn't work properly. We were suppose to have an auditorium (because at the moment we have a "little theater" which is exactly what it is) and I have a lot of drama friends so it is really bad for them in general. All the school really cares about sports and even though our marching band has won four state champions, our school focuses on football mainly.
My high-school years at Oak Creek High School have been a generally positive experience. The most positive aspect of my school are my teachers because I can tell they genuinely care about my academics and my future. For many of my teachers I know that their doors are always open for help when needed. For example, both the AP Biology teachers and AP Psychology teachers take time out of their busy schedules to host review sessions as the exam is coming close which proves that they care. My AP Spanish teacher is also very helpful and extremely intelligent in her curriculum. She recently had a life threatening experience in her generally young and healthy age, and a few weeks later she was right back in the classroom with happy students that were glad she was okay. My Spanish 5 teacher is one of the kindest people I know and did a fantastic job setting up her new class as of last year and preparing us for AP.
I have attended Oak Creek High School for my freshman year, the experience was interesting. Somehow this school year was very problematic; rumors would spread like wildfire and the fights were unbelievable. The administration did their best to run the school, but the freshman were a very hard class to control. Aside from this the school isn't horrible. They have a big focus on sports and academics. They'll do their best to educate their students and provide resources for them. We have a lot of technology in our school to aid us in class. Students also have many opportunities to further their education with the variety of courses the school has.