Oak Creek High School is a highly rated, public school located in Oak Creek, WI. It has 2,088 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
Oak Creek High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+293 Students
- B+288 Students
- A134 Students
- B112 Students
- A-95 Students
- A+91 Students
- B82 Students
- A-73 Students
- B+70 Students
- B-69 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 130 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.66 responses
Schools like Oak Creek High School
- A-Whitnall High School
- Whitnall School District, WI
- 107 reviews
- AWest High School
- Wauwatosa School District, WI
- 147 reviews
- B+South Milwaukee High School
- South Milwaukee School District, WI
- 163 reviews
- B+Greenfield High School
- Greenfield School District, WI
- 221 reviews
Oak Creek High School Reviews
The classes are okay, depends really on the teacher and the subject that's being taught. Lunch, like any other high school lunch, is pretty normal. The school created a freshmen campus for just the freshmen, so they are just separated from a true high school experience and from all the other grade levels. The freshmen campus is super nice with just nice seats and building. However, compared to the main campus (original building), it's legit dirt compared to freshmen campus. The flooring is completely dirty and usually the conditioner and heater never work during the seasons. There are also times the wifi doesn't work properly. We were suppose to have an auditorium (because at the moment we have a "little theater" which is exactly what it is) and I have a lot of drama friends so it is really bad for them in general. All the school really cares about sports and even though our marching band has won four state champions, our school focuses on football mainly.
I enjoyed my high school experience at Oak Creek High School. The teachers are very friendly and want you to succeed. If you are struggling in a class, you can simply ask for help and teachers will give it to you. Whether it is for 30 minutes after school or during the lunch hour, the teachers there will give students the time they need to review lessons from the day or to help review for a test. They will do what they can to ensure that all students are prepared for an upcoming exam and they will ensure that students are ready for AP exams as well as prepare them for college. The educational opportunities that this school provides are very great and strong within core concepts and are very beneficial to students.
My high-school years at Oak Creek High School have been a generally positive experience. The most positive aspect of my school are my teachers because I can tell they genuinely care about my academics and my future. For many of my teachers I know that their doors are always open for help when needed. For example, both the AP Biology teachers and AP Psychology teachers take time out of their busy schedules to host review sessions as the exam is coming close which proves that they care. My AP Spanish teacher is also very helpful and extremely intelligent in her curriculum. She recently had a life threatening experience in her generally young and healthy age, and a few weeks later she was right back in the classroom with happy students that were glad she was okay. My Spanish 5 teacher is one of the kindest people I know and did a fantastic job setting up her new class as of last year and preparing us for AP.