Oak Creek High School is an above average, public school located in Oak Creek, WI. It has 2,088 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
Oak Creek High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+303 Students
- B+299 Students
- A-135 Students
- B+116 Students
- A-102 Students
- A+97 Students
- B86 Students
- B77 Students
- B+76 Students
- A-75 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 130 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.66 responses
Schools like Oak Creek High School
- B+Whitnall High School
- Whitnall School District, WI
- 109 reviews
- AWest High School
- Wauwatosa School District, WI
- 147 reviews
- B+South Milwaukee High School
- South Milwaukee School District, WI
- 163 reviews
- B+Greenfield High School
- Greenfield School District, WI
- 222 reviews
Oak Creek High School Reviews
Oak Creek High School is staffed with teachers and staff who take initiative in their student's education and overall wellbeing. There's a plethora of classes to peak all kind of interests and to invest in all kinds of futures. However with the outstanding qualities come the shortcomings. The district is not very invested in the arts or theater program, but remains focused on sports and other investments that continuously neglect the arts. The budget planner of this school seemed to cut corners in departments that they deemed unworthy, while somehow making sure other, more favorable areas on their own behalf thrived, which was noticeably disappointing to a large population of the students, including myself, who take interest in theater, drama, and the arts.
The classes are okay, depends really on the teacher and the subject that's being taught. Lunch, like any other high school lunch, is pretty normal. The school created a freshmen campus for just the freshmen, so they are just separated from a true high school experience and from all the other grade levels. The freshmen campus is super nice with just nice seats and building. However, compared to the main campus (original building), it's legit dirt compared to freshmen campus. The flooring is completely dirty and usually the conditioner and heater never work during the seasons. There are also times the wifi doesn't work properly. We were suppose to have an auditorium (because at the moment we have a "little theater" which is exactly what it is) and I have a lot of drama friends so it is really bad for them in general. All the school really cares about sports and even though our marching band has won four state champions, our school focuses on football mainly.
I enjoyed my high school experience at Oak Creek High School. The teachers are very friendly and want you to succeed. If you are struggling in a class, you can simply ask for help and teachers will give it to you. Whether it is for 30 minutes after school or during the lunch hour, the teachers there will give students the time they need to review lessons from the day or to help review for a test. They will do what they can to ensure that all students are prepared for an upcoming exam and they will ensure that students are ready for AP exams as well as prepare them for college. The educational opportunities that this school provides are very great and strong within core concepts and are very beneficial to students.