Nyack Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Nyack, NY. It has 993 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Nyack Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+105 Students
- A-80 Students
- A+71 Students
- C68 Students
- A64 Students
- A+63 Students
- A-63 Students
- A+57 Students
- A+54 Students
- A-52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Nyack Senior High School
- AOssining High School
- Ossining Union Free School District, NY
- 215 reviews
- ANew Rochelle High School
- New Rochelle City School District, NY
- 520 reviews
- A+Sleepy Hollow High School
- Union Free School District of the Tarrytowns, NY
- 202 reviews
- A+White Plains Senior High School
- White Plains City School District, NY
- 366 reviews
Nyack Senior High School Reviews
Nyack High does an amazing job of offering students lots of opportunities to take the classes that interest them. They offer a wide range of APs, are offering more dual enrollment (with colleges) classes, as well as Project Lead the Way. But most of all, I have been impressed with the teachers - not only high quality, but caring and really dedicated to working with students as long as it takes. Most stay after school for tutoring regularly. And the class sizes are small. We are fortunate that our school is able to serve the needs of such a diverse community. This school district has been great since kindergarten and only getting better each year! The stats of next year's graduating class (2019) are incredible!
Nyack Senior High School is a place where the students can learn and grow in a community where we can be ourselves. We have a diverse population of students coming from various backgrounds. I feel that free expression is an important aspect of development. At Nyack Senior High School everyone seems to fit in. It is most notable during football games or big events when we are all together. You would see students of a multitude of race, gender, religious background all sitting together smiling and enjoying themselves. At Nyack Senior High School we celebrate and embrace each other for our similarities and our differences......
My time at Nyack High School was filled with friendships and experiences that'll last with me forever. My teachers have been a significant help in my years at Nyack and they've helped prepare me to be the college student I soon will be. One thing I like about Nyack is how my teachers would go out their way to make sure every student was a face instead of a number. Through extra help I was able to establish good relationships with my teachers and pursue the best education possible. Another reason why I like Nyack High School is because of it's diversity. Neighboring schools to Nyack aren't as diversified as Nyack. This allows me to obtain information from different ethnic backgrounds. One thing I would change about Nyack is it's new anonymous self report crime app. There is so much flaw in this app that allows people to be accused and dealt with disciplinary actions due to another students possible inaccurate report.