Novi High School Reviews

School offers outstanding academics and activities such as band. My son participated in four bands each year in addition to playing in the pit for the school play.
Novi High School is a place I feel safe to learn and thrive, especially after the recent school shootings. My school put my security first by employing several officers and ensuring I can learn without the unfortunate worries. Novi is a community where the teachers pursue to have great connections with kids and the staff want to make the four years of high school memorable and worth something. The opportunities my school offers is another major reason I view my school as excellent. Personally, I am associated in 17 clubs and activities, in and out of school, showing Novi pushes me to give back and engage with what I enjoy. If it wasn’t for Novi’s persistent academics, I would not be applying to big ten schools. However, with my education, I feel confident about my future.
Novi High School is a top rated, public, magnet school located in Novi, MI. It has 2,060 students in grades PK, 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Start Your Review of Novi High School
My experience at Novi High School was amazing. The education offered there is incredible. The are many different classes you can take that fit your liking. You can challenge yourself with honors, AP, or IB classes. Each class helps you prepare for your future. They offer many different resources that benefits each student. Every teacher is highly trained . I like how diverse it is. That is one of the many things that makes this school so unique. There are also many different extra curricular activities, one for everyone. One thing I would like to see change is more people being involved.
I like the teachers because they are all extremely knowledgeable and are always ready to help with anything that you might need. One thing I would like improved is the diversity of the teachers because currently a large majority of them are white.
What I liked about Novi Highschool is that it offers many different classes that a private school would not offer.
Novi was an awesome experience, moving into Novi my junior year of high school was a dramatic change. But with all of the clubs and activities available, it is easy to make connections and build networks. All of the teachers are supportive and have valuable resources to help you be successful. The school has high expectations for the students to be successful and are held accountable for their grades. The only thing I would change is the feel of the environment that anything less than an A is a fail. There is just a lot of unnecessary added pressure.
Excellent school but one has to be involved to know and understand what resources are available. A great school for the above average kid but not enough for the child that needs a step up to make it above average. Poor bathroom and heating and cooling facilities
I have the unique experience of having transferred to Novi High School in the middle of 9th grade. Having attended a different school in a different district (and country!), I know what other schools look and feel like. Novi High School at first felt claustrophobic. When one class ended and the wide, windowless halls lit by grainy ceiling lights filled with hundreds of students shuffling to the next one, I felt like a sheep being herded.

In my junior and senior years, my classes took place in the other, newer side of the building (the renovated part). There it was rainbows and daffodils. I could take the more advanced courses where everyone in the class wanted to be there. I could see the outdoors through actual windows. I could ready myself for the social and academic parts of college.

9th and 10th grade at Novi High School were awful, but 11th and 12th grade were amazing.
It is a fantastic educational system. The teachers are very helpful and there are a variety of fun and exciting classes that I took. Very diverse community and overall has great school spirit!
Novi High School created a positive learning environment while also allowing students to explore their interests outside the classroom through various clubs and activities.
I have moved around alot and I have stayed here for three years now and will be graduating this year. Overall I love novi but there are a lot of things that need to be fixed.
Being an Novi High school alum was very helpful in my for college years. Socially, the school is very diverse and meeting new people is very easy. Academics provide a range of easy to challenging course that I found to extremely helpful. I enjoyed how the courses provided from the high school covered a long range of professions. Clubs and Activities we're extremely helpful in meeting new people and made college applications better.
Overall, I really liked my experience at Novi High School. The teachers are helpful and very knowledgeable, there are a lot of options for classes, and the competitive environment drives and motivates you to succeed while still having fun.
At Novi High School I enjoyed the many different class options. There was always a class for everyone and every interest.
It's a very academically challenging school with high expectations and an involved staff. The atmosphere of the school pushes you to succeed. However the high standards of the school may also result in a lot of unnecessary pressure. Overall the school is very good; well funded and diverse.
It's an alright school, but too messy and too big. There aren't that many activities to choose from. The school have a large amount of AP courses to choose from, and the teachers are nice.
Start Your Review of Novi High School
My experience at Novi High was very stessful because our academics are so highly ranked being average is not an option. With that it seems that some teachers are only willing to give above average students the time of day. I hope to see a change in it that. So that everyone can have an equal learning career.
The teachers care for students, they know what they are teaching. IB and AP classes are available and can save a lot of money by taking these courses in high school. There are a lot of clubs and after-school activities that you can join, a lot of volunteer opportunities, free-tutoring for those who struggle in classes, etc.
I am a senior at Novi and I have been in Novi Schools since kindergarten. That being said Novi High is extremely challenging and competitive academically. Having grown up in Novi schools I feel more prepared than my counterparts who are newer, but the curriculum is still challenging regardless. It is very common here for students to take multiple AP and IB classes a year and we are constantly comparing ourselves to each other. For me, the competitive nature of our school makes me work harder but I know for some students it does the opposite. Socially, our school is very cliquey and segregated. If you are new you have to get involved with sports, choir, or theater otherwise it will be very difficult to make friends as people are not very welcoming. Overall, I know when graduate I will have the resources needed in order to do well in college which is really whats important in the big picture.