Overall Niche Grade
Nova Classical Academy Elementary School is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Saint Paul, MN. It has 474 students in grades K-5 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 78% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Nova Classical Academy Elementary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Nova Classical Academy Elementary School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Schools like Nova Classical Academy Elementary School
- ASeven Hills Preparatory Academy
- Seven Hills Preparatory Academy, MN
- AInternational Spanish Language Academy
- Public School
- Minnetonka, MN
- 2 reviews
- C+Friendship Academy of Fine Arts
- Public School
- Minneapolis, MN
- 3 reviews
- C-Hiawatha Leadership Academy - Morris Park
- Hiawatha Academies, MN
Nova Classical Academy Elementary School Reviews
My daughter was a transfer student from another charter school. The previous school she went to wanted to put her in special education. I disagreed with this and turned that down. So when my daughter was accepted into nova we were thrilled. The new way she is being taught at nova is so much better she is no where near needing special ed. We love the curriculum at this school and are thankful to get in. She adjusted well to the new school and we are thankful
Many of the teachers who truly subscribe to the idea of a classical education are outstanding. That said, there are many in the the lower school and upper school who are traditional union type liberal teachers who try to push an agenda when the opportunity presents itself. The new administration starting the in the Fall of 2015, is comprised of long time union teacher/adminstrators who are not familiar with classical education and push the same failed ideas present in the St. Paul public schools.
Strong rigorous academics, which is what I was looking for. The past year has been difficult as strong-minded and somewhat mean parents seem to dominate the school board decision making. Administrators are decent people who have to abide by school board policies.