Notre Dame Academy Reviews

I graduated from NDA in 1999, and fully credit the education I received there with helping me obtain a full academic scholarship to college. The culture was welcoming and academic excellence was strongly encouraged
I love the all girls environment at Notre Dame Academy. It is judgement free and extremely welcoming. I feel prepared for college due to the challenging work load. I have found time to balance school, sports, and a social life while at NDA.
NDA allowed me to make great friends for the rest of my life. It has OK academics (definitely lacking in science), but overall it did the job. It is an older school that is slowly trying to make its way into this century.
Start Your Review of Notre Dame Academy
I like Notre Dame because the environment is very friendly. The food is amazing and the staff are great. All of the sports are great especially Volleyball, Soccer, and Lacrosse.
I liked how small the classes were and the size of the building. Most of the teachers are enthusiastic and try to make learning fun. However, the math program has some teachers that students struggle with, which is hard since math is such an intense subject. Also, parts of the building are run-down. This school developed me beyond the classroom, making me more independent and confident in myself.
I love NDA. It breaks my heart to see people look down on NDA. I've met the most amazing people throughout my years at NDA and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Since going to NDA my confidence has skyrocketed. I am now able to step far out of my comfort zone and try new things. When I imagine myself at my public high school I know I would never have the confidence, optimism, or kindness that I have gained from NDA. The teachers are my best friends and they truly care about you. The work load is a lot but it's great to be challenged. I feel as though I am more than ready for college and the real world.
I can't imagine my life without attending NDA. It was a great experience to meet new people and learn in a fast paced environment. I always felt as though I was challenged in all of my classes, but just the right amount. The teachers at NDA are great and always willing to meet before/after class to go over homework.
Extremely competitive academic environment with challenging courses, heavy homework loads, and expected participation in after school activities.
As a '87 graduate of NDA, I feel I received an excellent education that prepared me well for my graduate studies and professional career. NDA offers an environment that fosters a high level of academics while also encouraging countless athletic, service and other extracurricular activities to develop well-rounded young women. 30 years later, I am still involved with NDA as an active alumna. I appreciate the role NDA had in shaping my personal and professional life. The friendships made at NDA last a lifetime.
I have never felt more loved, supported, and encouraged by a school community my entire life. The administration pours their heart into this school every day, always making a conscious effort to create relationships with students. The teachers love their job, but more importantly, they love the students and they all believe in every single student that walks in the door on the first day of school. The students genuinely care about one another. If anything happened to one of us, whatever it may be, we were always there for each other and I can confidently say that I was able to talk to any one of my classmates if something was wrong and they would listen to me and encourage me. NDA is a school where you will most definitely be challenged academically but you will also be encouraged and supported by the administration, staff, and students every single day. I learned just as much from them as I did from my textbooks, and I don't think a lot of people can say that about their high school.
The 2016-2017 school year experienced a multitude of changes in administration that I believe was not handled as best as it should have until the Board stepped in. A few teachers who I found to be wonderful described the other teachers to be cliquey (I'm sure that is just how humans interact, but as adults leading an example for students that is unacceptable). Also, I do not favor the Cuvilly Division at all.
Notre Dame Academy is a great school. I'm a senior in high school and I have made life long friends here. The education is great and many of my classmates, and myself, are heading off to great schools! The athletics department is superb, noting multiple championships and several play off appearances in almost every sport. I would definitely recommend Notre Dame Academy.
I love how close the community is at NDA. It is a sisterhood there and you will make friends and sisters that will last you a lifetime. The teachers are great. They are understanding of our busy schedule as student athletes or any clubs/ activities we do after school. They are always available to help. The academics are the right amount of challenge that a student needs and you will learn a lot.
I personally hate the school. Overall, it is a negative environment. A lot of the girls compare grades and reflect negatively on each other. There is also one teacher that personally stirs up drama. For a school based on religion, I find it very uncaring.
Notre Dame is a great school for girls that feel they need a change in scenery. The environment is very fun but all the girls are extremely competitive. This may be stressful for some girls but helpful for others but in the end each girl is given a great education. Some teachers may be harder to deal with than others but overall the academics are great.
I have a love/hate relationship with NDA. It is challenging and fun and the girls are so nice and welcoming. However, the guidance department is very disappointing and always seems to brush off my issues, and they only care about their athletics, and as an art student I feel as though my accomplishments are never recognized. However I have no regrets about going to this school and I'm going to miss it very much.
I'm an international student who just joined the community couple months from now. I never thought I would like to study at a all girl school but I'm having a wonderful experience here. All the teachers are helpful just and responsible, the girls here are friendly. The longer I stay here, the more I feel I'm the part of this community. It's a really great day school, I can feel that I'm growing with learning to be independent and responsible.
Start Your Review of Notre Dame Academy
I have found NDA Hingham to be small enough that I have been able to know most of my classmates and all of my teachers. The school has provided both a challenging curriculum and nurturing environment. In addition, NDA offers unique opportunities to get involved in the community and tackle social and environmental issues. Academically, I feel I am well prepared for college because of my 4 years at NDA.
NDA offers a variety of clubs and organizations ranging from neuroscience, to Spanish club, and even food club! Every student can join these clubs no matter if they take that specified class or not. Personally, I am involved in Students for Soldiers, SADD, Junior Classical League, Spanish club, and food club! This school has a great variety of extracurriculars one may get involved in. However, it is difficult for one to create a club. It is possible, but administration doesn't make it easy.
Notre Dame Academy is unique in the way that it is one building that is home to students in the 7th to 12th grade. This ensures a certain level of maturity and positive interactions from the upper class men on the younger grades. Each grade level treats the others with a level of respect and gratitude.