Norwood-Norfolk High School is a public school located in Norwood, NY. It has 278 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Norwood-Norfolk High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-28 Students
- A-24 Students
- A-21 Students
- C18 Students
- B16 Students
- B7 Students
- C+7 Students
- A7 Students
- A+6 Students
- A-6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Norwood-Norfolk High School
- B+H.C. Williams Senior High School
- Canton Central School District, NY
- 59 reviews
- C+St. Lawrence High School
- Brasher Falls Central School District, NY
- 36 reviews
- B-Massena Senior High School
- Massena Central School District, NY
- 84 reviews
- B+Potsdam Senior High School
- Potsdam Central School District, NY
- 20 reviews
Norwood-Norfolk High School Reviews
I feel that Norwood-Norfolk Central School staff helped me prepare for college. The teachers and administration have been supportive in helping me work to my full potential. I had the opportunity to play sports, be involved in clubs and extra-curricular activities while attending high school. I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to take many college credit, advance placement and honors courses. I feel that the guidance office staff has been supportive in making sure I am ready for college and have helped me in finding scholarship opportunities.
Going to Norwood-Norfolk was great. Being such a small school was nice because you know everybody, albeit that can be a problem as well because New travels faster then a roller coaster on a downhill sprial. Other wonderful things about this school is you can always get help no matter what. All the teachers look out for you and your best intrest as well. Yes there are moments but what high school doesn't have that.
Norwood Norfolk rarely has any college prep resources, students are mainly left to figure the process out on their own. When attempting to get help, the high school guidance counselor has a very limited knowledge on the college process at all, only their personal experience. This is not helpful to the seniors that are struggling to meet deadlines and submit applications. Also, Norwood Norfolk has a very limited access to tutors. It seems to be very difficult for the school to find tutors for struggling students, or even to recommend a tutor to a student.