Norwood High School is an above average, public school located in Norwood, OH. It has 540 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Norwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A89 Students
- B-64 Students
- B+58 Students
- A+53 Students
- A-45 Students
- A-38 Students
- B-32 Students
- B-26 Students
- B-23 Students
- B21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Norwood High School
- B+Deer Park Junior/Senior High School
- Deer Park Community City School District, OH
- 53 reviews
- B+Boone County High School
- Boone County Public Schools, KY
- 261 reviews
- B-Colerain High School
- Northwest Local School District (Cincinnati), OH
- 328 reviews
- CWinton Woods High School
- Winton Woods City School District, OH
- 131 reviews
Norwood High School Reviews
For me Norwood High School as provided a lot of opportunity. Not for just me, but for my family. I loved playing sports for my high school. It is a very good school where the staff members and administration tries their best to help their students. One of these is me and I am very grateful for going to Norwood High School.
Well, we have diversity in ethnicities and sexual orientation. When it comes to the student involvement, it usually is only the same few students participating in activities. Acceptance is mediocre at best. You're either hit, miss, or anon. Hits are people everyone loves, misses are ones that the hits dislike, and anons are the ones who blend into the background neutrally.
The teachers are really personal and strive to make everyone feel confident in themselves as growing adults and as students. It's in a small city that is family oriented.