Norwood High School Reviews

Had some trouble Junior year and had to do online School, but other than that have had a decent experience. I've been very involved in Music and Drama and almost everyone i've worked with in those fields have been wonderful. The school could use some disversity in the staff, but the staff is overall nice and i've had some teachers who have made a great impact on my life! The food is good and they do a decent job at helping you with college planning.
Norwood High is overall a very good school. The teacher's and staff both try to make the school a fun environment for learning. The school spirit is great we have rallies, activities and are all advised to support our sports teams. We have a morning announcement every day telling us what is going on in the school and information on different things we can all do together as peers to help the school or each other. Though there is mediocre diversity in the school. There is a lesser population of Asian, Latinx, and African- American students. To put it into perspective most of the Asian students could all fit at one circular lunch table. The total amount of Latinx students ( including the Brazil students) could all fit in about four circular lunch tables. African- American students could all fit at about six and a half-circular tables. Though with this poor diversity the school still makes all ethnicities feel welcome. The school itself is a place for the community to come together.
Norwood is a solid school. If you put in effort, all the high level teachers know their stuff and will help in anyway as long as you reach out. Sports generally aren't great, but our band is good.
Start Your Review of Norwood High School
Norwood High School has given me so many great opportunities throughout the past four years. The school provides me with teachers to lean on for support, and endless ways to enhance my creativity and involvement in the community. With the help of NHS, I have also been able to prepare myself for college and even learn about financial literacy, which will benefit me in the future. Norwood High School not only offers a diverse group of courses, but an even more diverse student body.
It is a very diverse school with a great staff that strives to help the students in any way. It could be better with a little more high school freedom.
When I was a freshman, I thought high school was going to be a similar experience like you would see in the movies. In reality, this high school is NOTHING like the movies. I had to mentally rearrange myself because of all of the psychological damage the environment has done to me. Some teachers acted like family or close friends, others acted like enemies. Friend groups change dramatically and it is hard to "fit in".
For the most part, it is a very good school. There are things that do lack in regards to opportunities since it is a small school with not a lot of monetary resources. However, the culture is a very good one if you are able to immerse yourself.
It's a good school and the people are overall pretty friendly. What it lacks in diversity they make up for in academics. They have a great abundance of educational and art courses. And they try to prepare students for college from day one but they understand not all students plan to go to college.
I personally would not have been able to get throught high school if it wasn't for the TASC program where they provide emotional and academic support to students. I feel like there should be a more inclusive enviroment for students and TASC provided that for me. It was a constant struggle with mainstream teachers not understanding how detrimental it is for students to have an outlet for their stress. I wish the actual school enviroment was more inclusive and understanding, TASC is the only place I feel at home in this school. I hope other's are able to find a way to help combine these programs and help children in the mainstream classrooms instead of seperating them. If teachers and peers were more open and understanding we would have a more harmonized homogenous school enviroment.
I love the advanced curriculum programs such as our AP programs. However, counselors often confuse the need for a 504 and having high grades as polar opposites.
One of the greatest public schools in Massachusetts. 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾
I came to this school during my sophomore year of high school, and it was an awesome experience. My teachers and guidance counselors have helped and checked up on me to make sure my experience has been great. I love all of my classes and friends and I have been given endless opportunities to succeed.
My experience at Norwood High School was pretty average. I participated in fall and winter sports and took many AP and Honors level courses. I am a member of the National Honor Society and a mentor group for incoming freshmen. I like having the opportunity to volunteer my time tutoring other students who need help as well. Some improvements could be made to opening up more diverse ways of teaching, as all students learn differently and at their own pace.
When I entered Norwood High School as a freshman I was already prepared for the layout of the school, which is a lot larger than middle school, I had already met some of my teachers and the staff and senior Mustang Mentors made the transition seemless. I feel the involvement of the staff is crucial to a successful environment and NHS has one of the best staff!
I believe my experience in Norwood has been very average. There isn't anything too terrible or amazing to discuss. Teachers are very dedicated and engaging in class. I have had many supporting teachers I could turn to when in trouble. The only thing that bothers me which I wish would change is the respect. Or lack thereof. Many students in attendance with Norwood High School have little respect for teachers and the school itself. There have been many instances of vandalism, fights, and drugs. There is also little encouragement of any other activity besides sports, which we don't even do good in. I want there to be more teaching of learning respect towards others and their surroundings. Also, the lack of money management is very poor.
I graduated from Norwood High back in 1996, I must say I enjoyed my 4 years there while I attended. The teachers and staff were very helpful and caring . They made sure you were ready for college.
Throughout my years of being a student here, I faced a lot of challenges. I had problems with other students but the faculty helped to make my experience better. The guidance counselors and teachers were always open to talking about personal life issues. These adults took extra time out of their day to make sure their students were okay. The variety of classes students are allowed to take are extremely helpful for students to express themselves. There is not many things that need to be changed within this schooll
Start Your Review of Norwood High School
Great fine arts program. Would like to see more focus from the school in keeping the fine arts program alive and funded. good focus on sports. the facility is new. good technology access. great library. teachers are professional and push students to work hard. good focus on getting kids into college.
Norwood High School is a favorable establishment and learning environment for many students. There is diversity and acceptance amongst both students and teachers alike. The school and town itself is a wonderful place to start your journey as a young adult.
I liked the teachers and staff members at Norwood High. In addition, there was a plethora of clubs & activities so all students felt welcomed.