Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Norwood High School is a highly rated, public school located in Norwood, MA. It has 985 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Norwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A181 Students
- A+105 Students
- A+102 Students
- B98 Students
- A+87 Students
- C+86 Students
- B+70 Students
- B66 Students
- B65 Students
- B+61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 61 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Norwood High School Reviews
Had some trouble Junior year and had to do online School, but other than that have had a decent experience. I've been very involved in Music and Drama and almost everyone i've worked with in those fields have been wonderful. The school could use some disversity in the staff, but the staff is overall nice and i've had some teachers who have made a great impact on my life! The food is good and they do a decent job at helping you with college planning.
Norwood High is overall a very good school. The teacher's and staff both try to make the school a fun environment for learning. The school spirit is great we have rallies, activities and are all advised to support our sports teams. We have a morning announcement every day telling us what is going on in the school and information on different things we can all do together as peers to help the school or each other. Though there is mediocre diversity in the school. There is a lesser population of Asian, Latinx, and African- American students. To put it into perspective most of the Asian students could all fit at one circular lunch table. The total amount of Latinx students ( including the Brazil students) could all fit in about four circular lunch tables. African- American students could all fit at about six and a half-circular tables. Though with this poor diversity the school still makes all ethnicities feel welcome. The school itself is a place for the community to come together.
When I entered Norwood High School as a freshman I was already prepared for the layout of the school, which is a lot larger than middle school, I had already met some of my teachers and the staff and senior Mustang Mentors made the transition seemless. I feel the involvement of the staff is crucial to a successful environment and NHS has one of the best staff!