Norwin Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in North Huntingdon, PA. It has 1,614 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 79% of students are at least proficient in math and 91% in reading.
Norwin Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A160 Students
- A+124 Students
- A-79 Students
- B-62 Students
- B61 Students
- B59 Students
- B-51 Students
- C+47 Students
- A+45 Students
- B45 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB+
- Cost of LivingB+
- Good for FamiliesA
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like Norwin Senior High School
- A-Franklin Regional Senior High School
- Franklin Regional School District, PA
- 299 reviews
- A-South Park Senior High School
- South Park School District, PA
- 190 reviews
- BHempfield Area Senior High School
- Hempfield Area School District, PA
- 250 reviews
- B+Penn Trafford High School
- Penn-Trafford School District, PA
- 214 reviews
Norwin Senior High School Reviews
Norwin High School has shown me some things that will help me further in life. I've had many class opportunities that took part of my interests and hobbies. I feel that Norwin is a pretty average school. Everything that makes up the school is pretty average. Norwin does offer many different classes to suit everyone's likes. From arts to music, to sports, to foreign language, etc. There is something for everyone. I can't really complain about my school and I always know nothing is perfect and there is always room for improvement. Norwin is a great school and school district.
At Norwin Senior High School, I truly like our system of education and how they push us to become the best students we can be. Along with announcements of our school having many students in honor roll and high achievements awards. However, what I dislike about Norwin Senior High School is limitation and very strict rules on having a great high school experience simply like at football games. Norwin Senior High School is a great school for academics but, due to strict rules it can at times get stressful and frustrating trying to live out my high school career.
It's kind of a complicated place. It's an entirely average high-school so of course it has a quirk or two to it. The non-dancing school events are always nice. The sandwiches are the only good thing for lunch (Marble Rye, baby). They also have a lot of weird and arbitrarily enforced rules.