grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Norwin Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in North Huntingdon, PA. It has 1,648 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Norwin Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A276 Students
- grade A+209 Students
- grade A minus134 Students
- grade B109 Students
- grade B minus104 Students
- grade B minus98 Students
- grade B minus81 Students
- grade C78 Students
- grade A+76 Students
- grade B minus75 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responses
- Sports events22%
- NHS field trips9%
- Pep rally for homecoming9%
- Japanese Club7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 23 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,288 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 39 responses
Schools like Norwin Senior High School
- grade AFranklin Regional Senior High School
- Franklin Regional School District, PA
- Rating 3.78 out of 5 324 reviews
- grade A minusSouth Park Senior High School
- South Park School District, PA
- Rating 3.76 out of 5 206 reviews
- grade BHempfield Area Senior High School
- Hempfield Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 266 reviews
- grade A minusPenn Trafford High School
- Penn-Trafford School District, PA
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 256 reviews
Norwin Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.78 out of 5 269 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
There are lots of wonderful opportunities to join clubs and sports teams that will make you feel a part of something big. Teachers and fellow students strive to make every individual student at the school feel welcomed and appreciated. There are many unique, specialized classes to choose from at the high school level to prepare students for a wide variety of career fields. School counselors make sure to work with students individually to help prepare them to achieve their future goals. The school is located in a friendly area that is great for families to raise their children.
I have gone to Norwin my whole life, and have been an avid student there. With everything, there is positives and negatives. I have generally had a good experience with the teachers in the district- adults who care about their students and want to prepare them for the future rather than simply providing busy work. The culture in the district however is cliquey and students tend to create selective groups that only they hang out with. Lastly, I feel that the honors and Advanced Placement classes offer enough rigor to prepare students for the classes at the college level while proving an education that will assist them in taking the AP test in the spring if they so choose.
Overall Norwin Senior High School is a pretty good school with good teachers and extremely well stocked classrooms. The computer labs and engineering labs are extremely well maintained and have the newest innovations. The guidance councelers are ok at best with them not responding really that fast. There are a ton of different club for all interests and the sports teams are all pretty average with the only teams doing truly well are soccer and girls basketball. The main problem with Norwin is the fact that there is no diversity whatsoever throughout the whole school.