Norwin Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in North Huntingdon, PA. It has 1,636 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Norwin Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A227 Students
- A+175 Students
- A-114 Students
- B95 Students
- B-91 Students
- B-84 Students
- C+71 Students
- B-70 Students
- C-68 Students
- A+67 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like Norwin Senior High School
- AFranklin Regional Senior High School
- Franklin Regional School District, PA
- 308 reviews
- B+South Park Senior High School
- South Park School District, PA
- 200 reviews
- B+Hempfield Area Senior High School
- Hempfield Area School District, PA
- 264 reviews
- B+Penn Trafford High School
- Penn-Trafford School District, PA
- 238 reviews
Norwin Senior High School Reviews
I fell in love with my school's art department, the teachers were all so supportive and nice! They each have their own way of connecting with students and it is amazing how hard they try, whether in their teaching, or in their ways of making learning fun. The only thing I would change would be the school board eliminating classes based off of their budget, reduced by a useless spending of money on a baseball field only one team uses.
I like that there is so many different opportunities for the students at Norwin High School, academically, athletically, and socially. Norwin offers many AP classes and gives students the opportunity to learn advanced material in high school. The athletic teams are all competitive and win or come close to winning state titles every year. There are also many clubs that students can be a part of related to books, community service, gender, business, and government.
Overall Norwin prepared me incredibly well for college. I didn’t feel overwhelmed my fall semester freshman year in college like many of my peers and had many opportunities that benefitted me at Norwin such as AP classes that allowed me to transfer many credits into college and exposure to material that would be covered again in college which gave me an advantage. My teachers all cared about me as a student for the most part and almost every teacher I had truly wanted me to succeed in their class and in the school in general.