Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Norwich High School is an above average, public school located in Norwich, NY. It has 517 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Norwich High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B39 Students
- A-32 Students
- C28 Students
- A26 Students
- B-22 Students
- B+21 Students
- B-21 Students
- B19 Students
- A+17 Students
- A-17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responses
- Homecoming and Snowball (SemiFormal)29%
- Spirit Night29%
- Basketball Games14%
- Football Games14%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Norwich High School
- B-Bainbridge-Guilford High School
- Bainbridge-Guilford Central School District, NY
- 49 reviews
- B-Morris Central School
- Morris Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 20 reviews
- B-Oxford Academy High School
- Oxford Academy and Central School District, NY
- 31 reviews
- BSidney High School
- Sidney Central School District, NY
- 40 reviews
Norwich High School Reviews
There are some good teachers and there's a good ap program. Math scores and scores in general are low, but high achieving students can find opportunity. There could be more ap classes and I have self studied for some, especially for art and social studies credits. There isn't really great communication with counselor so or administration because there is so much turnover and the counselors have so many students. This can leave students feeling unsupported especially in preparing to go to college, but they do what they can. The culture within the school is average, although you do hear about drug and alcohol use almost constantly and there are fights every so often. It is pretty easy to stay out of the way from it though.
I liked all the extracurricular activities available and all the music classes available. Classes such as Wind Ensemble, Choir, and music theory are available in Norwich high school. Marching band is also available as an extracurricular activity. An activity and/or group called Mock trial is a fun and engageing activity where young people who plan to perue a carrear in law.
The Norwich high school is very adventurous and can find the needs of any student’s hobbies with their vast extra-curricular programs. This school offers students the opportunity to excel in many AP classes but lacks the teacher availability to cover the coursework. Many teachers from my perspective seemed to be overworked and stretched thin. Besides this opinion, the academics are not bad. The extra-curricular activities the school offers though are very refreshing and diverse with the impending budget cuts that schools across America are currently facing. The school seems to be average in all categories except their music program which is very competitive and rewarding to students. The geography of this school is in a very small community where everyone knows each other which leads to a strong sense of community but is also surrounded by a moderate level of crime. Norwich High school seems to be just like any other school in America.