Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Norwell High School is a highly rated, public school located in Norwell, MA. It has 684 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Norwell High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A101 Students
- A+63 Students
- A+53 Students
- A+50 Students
- A-44 Students
- A+43 Students
- A35 Students
- B+34 Students
- A+33 Students
- A-31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Norwell High School Reviews
Norwell High has a lot of caring and devoted staff that have most certainly made an impression on me throughout my years there. From caring and inspiring teachers to thoughtful and easily accessible guidance staff, students can feel comfortable attending school and seeking help when needed. I have encountered very few teachers that have done little to prepare me for following years of classes, however they are not impossible to find despite being very small in number among the otherwise good staff. The school's biggest limitations, in my opinion, are in the building itself. The lighting often feels a bit too dark, especially when the lighting outside is anything other than sunny. Narrow ramps being the only access to certain areas make for crowded inter-period travel that create a feeling in your mind similar to that of being stuck on the highway in traffic. Despite the physical issues with the school, it has not hindered my appreciation for it and for all of its friendly faces.
Great school with amazing academics for a public school! Amazing teachers who will give their time to help their students. The school is a super safe environment where I have never felt unsafe, and although the school itself is dated, it has plenty of character provided by paintings done by art students.
My experience was excellent, I feel Norwell High school gave me the tools I needed to succeed as a student. The small school feel, allows students to really connect with their class and establish a better relationship with teachers and staff. The extracurriculars available at school are excellent and if there isn't anything for you, creating a club is extremely easy. The sport's reputation at school is great with an abundance of students receiving scholarships for outstanding athletic performances.