Norwayne High School is an above average, public school located in Creston, OH. It has 409 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Norwayne High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-64 Students
- B47 Students
- A+47 Students
- B-42 Students
- A-30 Students
- B19 Students
- B18 Students
- B-15 Students
- A-13 Students
- A+12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Norwayne High School
- C+Black River High School
- Black River Local School District, OH
- 53 reviews
- BWaynedale High School
- Southeast Local School District (Apple Creek), OH
- 68 reviews
- B-Northwestern High School
- Northwestern Local School District (West Salem), OH
- 41 reviews
- BDalton High School
- Dalton Local School District, OH
- 41 reviews
Norwayne High School Reviews
My experience at Norwayne High School was one of a kind. The atmosphere is extremely welcoming and everyone feels as if they are a part of the community. This school is an excellent place to attend, and students who currently belong to the elementary and middle school should feel full confidence in looking forward to participating in the high school. Not only are the teachers working full force to help the students further their education, but the clubs and activities at Norwayne bring everyone together and create a special bond that will last throughout our lives. However, one thing that I would like to see changed is school lunches. While providing the correct nutrition, the high school lunches still fall in the average category.
High school was better than middle school. It felt at home. I didn't take any CCP classes, but I was still prepared to compete with college. It's actually not that small of a school, it's average. This school offers so many extracurricular activities that makes you want to do zomethjng. Football is division 5, soccer is division 3, boys track is division 3, girls track is division 2, and tennis is division 3. You'll enjoy Norwayne High School if you come from a big school or a small school.
It was a very nice school. It helps me prepare for college. I was part of the football team all four years and we set new records around the area and more. I loved the atmosphere and all the the alumni donate money and give back to the community and school, so they are great leaders for everyone. The people and faculty are quite friendly as they helped me through my high school years.