Norway High School is a public, magnet school located in Norway, MI. It has 219 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Norway High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-29 Students
- A24 Students
- B-20 Students
- B14 Students
- A+14 Students
- B11 Students
- A11 Students
- B+11 Students
- B-7 Students
- B-6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Norway High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Norway High School
- B-North Dickinson School
- North Dickinson County Schools, MI
- 15 reviews
- B+Iron Mountain High School
- Iron Mountain Public Schools, MI
- 34 reviews
- CPembine High School
- Beecher-Dunbar-Pembine School District, WI
- 22 reviews
- B+Kingsford High School
- Breitung Township School District, MI
- 84 reviews
Norway High School Reviews
They focus too much on athletics and completely disregard the arts (music, band, theater, etc). It really discourages students from stepping out and trying new things. Those who don’t quite belong in sports and instead find themselves passionate towards the arts don’t feel appreciated because what they love is held in low standards compared to the athletics. Other than that, our school gives everyone iPads to assist in learning and since we’re small, students get almost a personalized learning experience.
During my time at Norway High School, I must admit that I do, in fact, think this is an overall good school. It’s not a perfect school and does it has its cliches, but it isn’t downright bad. The teachers and staff do care about their students. In this past year, our school lost a student who gave his life for another and my school took the incident well by honoring his memory through hanging his putting his football jersey in the hall of fame as well as providing the needs for those who mourned him. Overall, this school isn’t all that bad.
All around great school! There are many clubs and sports students can be involved in. There are also some different classes for students to choose from.