Norwalk Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Norwalk, IA. It has 834 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Norwalk Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A104 Students
- A94 Students
- B+64 Students
- A54 Students
- B-48 Students
- C+36 Students
- B-34 Students
- B24 Students
- B23 Students
- B19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Norwalk Senior High School
- A-Dallas Center - Grimes High School
- Dallas Center-Grimes Community School District, IA
- 81 reviews
- BIndianola High School
- Indianola Community School District, IA
- 258 reviews
- B+Carlisle High School
- Carlisle Community School District, IA
- 82 reviews
- AAnkeny High School
- Ankeny Community School District, IA
- 247 reviews
Norwalk Senior High School Reviews
Norwalk Senior High School is one of the best smaller schools in Iowa! They are dedicated to their students academics and well-being. While the school has its ups and downs, they try their absolute hardest to make high school as tolerable as possible, because we all know high school is not very fun. I would not have wanted to go to high school anywhere else besides Norwalk because the people here are passionate, loving individuals that are greatly appreciated by everyone in the district!
The overall atmosphere between students was a fantastic experience. Students were able to be involved in all sorts of activities and clubs from Football to chess club. The teachers are willing to help students if need be, but also challenge the students to make them the best they can be. The teachers also can be unreliable in some ways such as not communicating well between each other causing students to learn different topics in the same class just because the teachers aren’t on the same page as well.
So far, my experience at Norwalk High School has been great. It has a few downsides, but is great to be at overall. I love how it is not a very large school, but definitely isn't small. This gives everyone an opportunity to try new things, and the school's programs are typically very successful. If I could change anything with the school system, I would make the redo policy different. Although being able to redo any test or assignment can help you get better grades, it certainly does not get the students ready for college. Professors aren't willing to let you redo your tests, so high school teachers shouldn't allow it either. I love attending high school at Norwalk because of all of the positive features it has and everything it offers.