Norwalk Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Norwalk, IA. It has 829 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 89% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Norwalk Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A163 Students
- A157 Students
- B+92 Students
- A86 Students
- B62 Students
- B-57 Students
- B-51 Students
- B37 Students
- B36 Students
- B+31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 58 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Norwalk Senior High School
- A-Dallas Center - Grimes High School
- Dallas Center-Grimes Community School District, IA
- 91 reviews
- B+Indianola High School
- Indianola Community School District, IA
- 272 reviews
- B+Carlisle High School
- Carlisle Community School District, IA
- 89 reviews
- AAnkeny High School
- Ankeny Community School District, IA
- 261 reviews
Norwalk Senior High School Reviews
It is a very good high school academic and activity wise! There are tons of options for taking classes at the school and online through a community college nearby. We have a lot of sports but also a lot of clubs and other extra things students have the option to do. The reason I did not give it a 5 star is because of the typical issues that come with small town high schools. Everyone gossips, every spreads rumors, no one can keep things to themselves, and there is drama.
Norwalk Senior High School is one of the best smaller schools in Iowa! They are dedicated to their students academics and well-being. While the school has its ups and downs, they try their absolute hardest to make high school as tolerable as possible, because we all know high school is not very fun. I would not have wanted to go to high school anywhere else besides Norwalk because the people here are passionate, loving individuals that are greatly appreciated by everyone in the district!
Norwalk has amazing teachers that not only give their best to teaching, but also try and build relationships with their students to create a positive environment. They constantly prove that they care by making sure to catch up with students with how they are doing. They also make sure to do surveys to raise student voice as to what could be better with the school/teaching style. The advocates are always there for any kind of needs and want to do what's best for everyone.