Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Norwalk Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Norwalk, IA. It has 853 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Norwalk Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A185 Students
- A178 Students
- B+108 Students
- A93 Students
- B-72 Students
- B-69 Students
- B-55 Students
- B42 Students
- B36 Students
- B36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Norwalk Senior High School
- A-Dallas Center - Grimes High School
- Dallas Center-Grimes Community School District, IA
- 99 reviews
- BIndianola High School
- Indianola Community School District, IA
- 276 reviews
- BCarlisle High School
- Carlisle Community School District, IA
- 90 reviews
- A-Ankeny High School
- Ankeny Community School District, IA
- 278 reviews
Norwalk Senior High School Reviews
I really enjoy my teachers. They are super caring and are great at helping when students are struggling. I also really enjoy the accepting atmosphere at the school. Not very many people judge and new students are helped and are never alone. If I had to change something, I would change how large classes are. Most classes are 28-30 students with only one teacher. So trying to learn can be rather difficult. It’s also rather crowded at lunch and the cafeteria gets full quickly. But overall Norwalk is a great school with amazing teachers!
My experience at Norwalk High School has overall been pretty good. My teachers have all been great and I feel like I am prepared for what life brings after I graduate from Norwalk. At Norwalk, each student has the opportunity to be provided with devices that help to enhance their learning whether they learn from home or from school. The administrators have been great at adjusting and making guidelines for COVID-19 and this has helped immensely to make everyone feel safe and healthy. One thing I would change is that bullying is not taken as seriously as is promised in the handbook. I have peers who are daily patronized by other peers, being called slurs or other hurtful names and the peers who bully or name call are not held accountable for thier actions. Other than this aspect, Norwalk has done a great job of preparing its graduates for life after high school and making sure each student has the best experience.
It is a very good high school academic and activity wise! There are tons of options for taking classes at the school and online through a community college nearby. We have a lot of sports but also a lot of clubs and other extra things students have the option to do. The reason I did not give it a 5 star is because of the typical issues that come with small town high schools. Everyone gossips, every spreads rumors, no one can keep things to themselves, and there is drama.