Norwalk Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Norwalk, IA. It has 834 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Norwalk Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A111 Students
- A102 Students
- B+65 Students
- A60 Students
- B-50 Students
- C+40 Students
- B-38 Students
- B25 Students
- B24 Students
- B23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Norwalk Senior High School
- A-Dallas Center - Grimes High School
- Dallas Center-Grimes Community School District, IA
- 81 reviews
- BIndianola High School
- Indianola Community School District, IA
- 260 reviews
- B+Carlisle High School
- Carlisle Community School District, IA
- 84 reviews
- AAnkeny High School
- Ankeny Community School District, IA
- 248 reviews
Norwalk Senior High School Reviews
Norwalk Senior High School is one of the best smaller schools in Iowa! They are dedicated to their students academics and well-being. While the school has its ups and downs, they try their absolute hardest to make high school as tolerable as possible, because we all know high school is not very fun. I would not have wanted to go to high school anywhere else besides Norwalk because the people here are passionate, loving individuals that are greatly appreciated by everyone in the district!
The overall atmosphere between students was a fantastic experience. Students were able to be involved in all sorts of activities and clubs from Football to chess club. The teachers are willing to help students if need be, but also challenge the students to make them the best they can be. The teachers also can be unreliable in some ways such as not communicating well between each other causing students to learn different topics in the same class just because the teachers aren’t on the same page as well.
Norwalk seems to be just an average high school. There are some great teachers, and some are not so good. There was several students complaining about one teacher, and kids even tried to speak up to administration about it but nothing happened. I wish they would try to improve the teaching quality, and I wish it were more diverse. However, I know they can not really control that. I liked how the deans there were always willing to talk to kids and help them with whatever they needed.