Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Norwalk High School is an above average, public school located in Norwalk, OH. It has 748 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Norwalk High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+93 Students
- B70 Students
- B64 Students
- B61 Students
- A-54 Students
- C+48 Students
- A47 Students
- B40 Students
- B-39 Students
- B37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Norwalk High School
- BPerkins High School
- Perkins Local School District, OH
- 133 reviews
- B+Edison High School
- Edison Local School District, OH
- 92 reviews
- B-New London High School
- New London Local School District, OH
- 22 reviews
- BSouth Central High School
- South Central Local School District, OH
- 32 reviews
Norwalk High School Reviews
The one thing I really enjoy attending and being apart of Norwalk High school. Is the teachers.The teachers are willing to help you with any subject even if they do not teach that subject. They want you to strive to be the best you can be, and prepare you for the real world. The guidance counselors, are amazing! They deal with the whole school and are really focusing on the seniors to help us get ready for college and the work force. NHS has a variety of different clubs and sports that many other schools do not get. Norwalk also provides study tables after school so you can get more help one on one with a certain teacher and subject. The one thing I would like to see change or happen in the near future is for every student to graduate High School , and students helping one and another out, because we have couple students in each class not graduate, and I really want every student that walks through the main doors, to leave with a diploma in their hand.
Norwalk High School is a great place for motivated individuals to get involved. They have great sports teams, musical groups, an amazing art program, and an awesome staff!
Norwalk High School has provided me with a solid education and the self confidence to pursue my dreams. The teachers and staff have helped cultivate my love of learning, along with this they have established a personal connection that has made me feel comfortable coming to them with concerns about college. Another great quality of Norwalk is the amazing resources available to students; there is up to date technology, an expansive library, and many other aspects that help growth. The school is not perfect though, as nothing is. One thing I would like to see improvement in is the diversity among students, most people here are very similar and being different is generally frowned upon.