Norwalk High School is an above average, public school located in Norwalk, CT. It has 1,682 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 58% in reading.
Norwalk High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A310 Students
- B-185 Students
- B128 Students
- B-110 Students
- C98 Students
- A+96 Students
- A-90 Students
- C+86 Students
- B85 Students
- A-83 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 92 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Norwalk High School Reviews
What I personally liked about Norwalk High School is their excellent music department and many of my teachers. Taking mostly AP and honors classes, my classroom experience was very different from that of another student who doesn't take those sorts of classes. I often found that my teachers were more enthusiastic about learning and amazing teachers who worked well with their students, whereas many of the other teachers I never got to experience classtime with did not meet this same performance standard. One of the things that ultimately made my experience at Norwalk High School great was their amazing music department, featuring a jazz band, concert band, marching band, choir department, and orchestra. My experience with (most of) the music department has always been pleasant and interactive, and my experience with the theatre department was on average a great time.
Life is an adventure and it is about discovering new things to gain more life experiences. When I first started at Norwalk high Shcool, I was excited but at the same time I was also scared because I didn’t know anyone at that time. On my first day of school, I got lost so many times. Eventually when I could finally find my classes. I didn't know what to expect, but it turns out to be one of the best school in the area. As a senior graduating in June, I can say that it I'm happy that this school played a role in my High school experience. Teachers are good and make sure that we understand everything before moving on. Everyone is nice and always ready to help. Overall, this school is doing a great job with all the students who take school seriously. And I receive a lot of help getting ready for college. Thank you!
Certain aspects of the school are good, such as the music departments and some sports teams. The safety of the school lacks a little as well as the presentation of the bathrooms. However, most of the teachers seem as if they want to be there to support their students. There are a good amount of resources and people you can go to if you need help with anything. There is also a lot of diversity in the school. The school lacks spirit but the student government and faculty try to make it better. A lot of the interior of the school is not the best looking but they are rebuilding the whole school soon. The fire alarm goes off a lot due to different situations.