Norton High School is a public school located in Norton, OH. It has 831 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Norton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-153 Students
- B111 Students
- A+65 Students
- A-42 Students
- B34 Students
- B-31 Students
- C+31 Students
- B25 Students
- C+22 Students
- A-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Norton High School
- B-Cloverleaf High School
- Cloverleaf Local School District, OH
- 97 reviews
- CField High School
- Field Local School District, OH
- 87 reviews
- C+Coventry High School
- Coventry Local School District, OH
- 82 reviews
- B+Norwayne High School
- Norwayne Local School District, OH
- 61 reviews
Norton High School Reviews
Norton High School is a very safe place to be at. There are very nice policemen there Incase something bad would ever happen. The school is in a very good neighborhood. There are many opportunities for kids such as clubs and sports and music programs, but there are also good honors classes and AP classes. Some things I would like to see change is just that sometimes teachers give students attitude for simply asking a question, or if you don’t understand something, some of them say they don’t have another way of explaining it. I have had a few problems with teachers and I have gone to my guidance counselor about them but they haven't really changed. This is only for a few teachers I’ve had but over all I’ve had some pretty good teachers
Norton High School just opened their new high school this past year. Technology has all been updated and the facility is awesome. Our stadium has state-of-the-art turf for all of our outdoor fall sports. Our new gym has an awesome hardwood floor and is a lot of fun to play basketball on. The teachers at Norton really care about their students and will do whatever they can to help us if we get behind or don't understand something. Our principals are awesome! They attend almost all of our sporting events. Our guidance office is great! They have really helped me with filling out college applications and making sure my transcripts and ACT scores are sent out.
Most teachers are good people. Some are older and stick to traditional ideas. The band program is very advanced, as well as the career tech program. The 4-Cities compact has prepared me to get a good job.