Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Northwood-Kensett Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Northwood, IA. It has 236 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Northwood-Kensett Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A14 Students
- B+14 Students
- B13 Students
- A13 Students
- B8 Students
- B5 Students
- B+5 Students
- A-5 Students
- A-4 Students
- B-4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Northwood-Kensett Junior/Senior High School
Schools like Northwood-Kensett Junior/Senior High School
- B+Central Springs High School
- Central Springs Community School District, IA
- 3 reviews
- BLake Mills Senior High School
- Lake Mills Community School District, IA
- 49 reviews
- B-Albert Lea Senior High School
- Albert Lea Public School District, MN
- 85 reviews
- B+St. Ansgar High School
- St. Ansgar Community School District, IA
- 51 reviews
Northwood-Kensett Junior/Senior High School Reviews
This is a very small school, which I think makes learning a bit easier. With a smaller classroom setting, you are able to have more one-on-one time with the teachers. Most of the teachers are very friendly and want to see you grow in your studies. There are a few teachers that have a different way of teaching that can make learning the material harder sometimes, but they still try to help you succeed. The athletic programs and other clubs offered at the school are very inclusive. They try to let anybody who is eligible to participate. Most of the people here are also friendly and include new people into their friend groups.
There are quite a few extracurricular activities at our school, most of them being sports. There's football, girls and boys basketball, volleyball, wrestling, track, trap shooting, to name some of them. There's anime club, Spanish club, and math club, as well. Not very many people participate in those. But many students participate in sports.
I like this school because it is very unique. They prepare you for life outside of high school, make sure you're on the right track for graduating and passing all your classes. They make sure you watch your character, because it matters, and they emphasize it very much ( in a program called "Character Counts" for all students and staff).