Northwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+245 Students
- A207 Students
- A+197 Students
- A+192 Students
- A177 Students
- A+165 Students
- A+118 Students
- A107 Students
- A-95 Students
- A87 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.39 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.39 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 107 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.63 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.66 responses
Northwood High School Reviews
Review Northwood High School
Here, you will find students willing to go above and beyond in their academic studies while still managing to balance other extracurricular activities.The teachers love challenging the students while still care about their well-being. Northwood is very connected as we take a lot of pride in the multiple Grammy Awards our performing arts have won and our amazing marching band. It’s located in a very safe and protected city and the campus is the prettiest one in our school district and is still fairly new. The block schedule at Northwood is very helpful because we are able to have longer and more in-depth classes every other day. However, Northwood offers limited classes compared to other schools. CP Biology was not an option nor were classes that helped with college essays. Also, students are required to take Integrated Science 1 and 2 for their first two years which limited their options of taking other science classes. Despite that, Northwood still helps students excel in college.
Very stressful, but all-in-all, the teachers are very smart and it shows strongly within the students. The school is top-ranked and is a great place for students. The teachers and students are so accepting and kind, and the environment is amazing!
Northwood High School is the best school in Irvine School District, one of the most competitive school district in California. Northwood High School is also ranked number 6 among California's public schools. There are more than 2000 students on campus, so the environment is very crowded and it's difficult to get teachers' attention sometimes due to the nature of a public school. Fortunately, all counselors and TA teachers are very helpful and kind to help you solve any problems you have, either they are academic or personal.