Northwestern Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Kokomo, IN. It has 562 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Northwestern Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B84 Students
- A+82 Students
- A79 Students
- B+58 Students
- B-30 Students
- A-28 Students
- B+28 Students
- B24 Students
- NG14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Northwestern Senior High School
- B+Western High School
- Western School Corporation, IN
- 146 reviews
- BCarroll Junior/Senior High School
- Carroll Consolidated School Corporation, IN
- 34 reviews
- B+Eastern Junior/Senior High School
- Eastern Howard School Corporation, IN
- 55 reviews
- BTaylor High School
- Taylor Community School Corporation, IN
- 95 reviews
Northwestern Senior High School Reviews
As Northwestern is the only school I’ve ever attended since kindergarten, I guess I don’t have much to compare my experience here to. I would say I’ve always felt that the teachers here do their jobs to the best of their ability and that all-in-all my experience hasn’t been too bad. I’m pretty sure our student body is like 95% white but at least it’s not 100%. I wish I’d had the opportunities for classes they offer at some of the bigger schools in town, but I’ve made my way with what’s offered here. I’ve also made some of the best friends I’ve ever had here, so I can’t complain.
Nice place to study and learn. Very nice open, comfortable atmosphere that makes learning fun and productive. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of diversity this school has. besides this issue, this school is fantastic academically and has a nice coaching staff for basketball.
Northwestern is an outstanding school that provides every student with educational courses and fulfilling experiences. Northwestern offers numerous AP, Honors, and dual credit courses, but I think that the school can be improved by adding these advanced classes to the school so students can learn at a higher and more advanced level.