grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Northwestern Regional High School is a highly rated, public school located in Winsted, CT. It has 694 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Northwestern Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A128 Students
- grade B minus75 Students
- grade B47 Students
- grade A+37 Students
- grade A minus37 Students
- grade B minus36 Students
- grade B minus35 Students
- grade B+35 Students
- grade A34 Students
- grade B minus33 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responses
- Sporting Events42%
- Spirit Week26%
- Different dress up days16%
- Seniors vs. Staff Volleyball Game16%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$20,275 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 16 responses
Schools like Northwestern Regional High School
- grade BWamogo Regional High School
- Regional School District No. 6, CT
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 89 reviews
- grade B+Housatonic Valley Regional High School
- Regional School District No. 1, CT
- Rating 3.68 out of 5 92 reviews
- grade B minusTerryville High School
- Plymouth School District, CT
- Rating 3.6 out of 5 68 reviews
- grade A minusGranby Memorial High School
- Granby School District, CT
- Rating 3.52 out of 5 130 reviews
Northwestern Regional High School Reviews
Rating 3.78 out of 5 128 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The community is always upbeat with students and staff always full of school spirit. The teachers go out of their way to be their for their students. As a Junior attending the middle school here as well, I have loved it. It is easy to make new friends and try new things because it is encouraged. There is minimal drama and for the most part everyone gets along. I would recommend everyone to the FFA/Ag. Department, even if you are not interested in “farming.” There is a lot more too it than you may think. The leadership qualities you learn will immediately excel your skill and give you a step up over your peers. Don’t be afraid to get involved in new things and get out of your comfort zone.
One of the most positive schools I have ever attended. The students are always put first and mental health is also taken very seriously. Additionally, academics are very strong with a variety of classes to take. Each and every student is encouraged to be the best they can. Teachers are always around to help and go above and beyond. Furthermore, the administration is very helpful and very fair. Our principle and SP are liked by all in the system.
Northwestern Regional School District No. 7 is by far an amazing school. Many of the teachers care a lot about their students and go above and beyond to help them in any and all ways. The teachers do not just care about their students academic wellbeing, but also their life outside of school.