Northwestern High School is an above average, public, magnet school located in Rock Hill, SC. It has 1,915 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 78% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Northwestern High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A325 Students
- B+250 Students
- A234 Students
- B+230 Students
- B136 Students
- C104 Students
- B-103 Students
- B-67 Students
- B-63 Students
- A+63 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 103 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.64 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.61 responses
Schools like Northwestern High School
- BSouth Pointe High School
- Rock Hill Schools, SC
- 251 reviews
- B-Rock Hill High School
- Rock Hill Schools, SC
- 340 reviews
- B+York Comprehensive High School
- York School District No. 1, SC
- 227 reviews
- A-Lewisville High School
- Chester County School District, SC
- 106 reviews
Northwestern High School Reviews
Northwestern High School is a very great school. The teachers do anything in their power to make sure that their students succeed. Northwestern provides a lot of opportunities to thrive in the world around us. The teachers, administrators, and guidance counselors all give us tools to apply to our daily lives. The campus is kept very clean thanks to our lovely janitors. One thing that I love about Northwestern is that each and everyday, students are welcomed on campus with a warm smile from the teachers or administrators on morning duty. If you are looking for a warm and friendly school environment, Northwestern High School is definitely the best route to go!
Northwestern High School is an excellent school in Rock Hill SC because it is very diverse, involved heavy in the community, and strive for excellence in academics and sports. The teachers, faculty, and staff always go an extra mile to ensure you have everything you need while creating a safe environment to learn. We have a lot of clubs and/or organizations within the school to enhance your academic and professional growth. I would like to continue to see us embark on new ideas to keep our students engaged and continue to support our community. We are a school that takes pride in serving others!
I enjoyed going to this school because i found myself more immersed into the things that i enjoy, the chorus (troubadours) really became my home and my family while I was there and helped me to mature and grow as a person. The only downside was some uneeded rules and overly strict teachers but every school has those. Ive become who I am today because of the structure and social environment at Northwestern High School. Side note- the campus is beautiful!