Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Northwestern High School is an above average, public, magnet school located in Rock Hill, SC. It has 1,867 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Northwestern High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A424 Students
- B+329 Students
- A297 Students
- B+295 Students
- B195 Students
- B147 Students
- C-138 Students
- C+101 Students
- A+96 Students
- B88 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.42 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.42 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 120 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.69 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.66 responses
Schools like Northwestern High School
- BSouth Pointe High School
- Rock Hill Schools, SC
- 285 reviews
- B-Rock Hill High School
- Rock Hill Schools, SC
- 390 reviews
- B+York Comprehensive High School
- York School District No. 1, SC
- 247 reviews
- A-Lewisville High School
- Chester County School District, SC
- 114 reviews
Northwestern High School Reviews
My experience at NorthWestern taught me values and skills that I couldn't of learned without them. Friendships that will last me a lifetime and teacher relations that have positively influenced me. The school was constantly engaged in their athletics and clubs outside of school, while also academics. Even though with Covid-19 they still stayed on top of the game in e-learning. Although the disciplinary procedures were not kept up with. At certain points they just gave up on some of the kids that were constantly in trouble. It had to be an extreme case for OSS (Out of school suspension) to be given out which often left the troubling kids still affecting the classroom setting. The staff was a hit or miss, I have built relations with teachers that have made me excited for school every day. On the contrary I have also dealt with teachers which have made me think about dropping out. The education at NorthWestern is undeniably valued, with extremely high graduation rates.
I personally feel that my overall experience at NHS succeeded my expectations for high school! If I could change anything, I would have suggested that the school take on some physical upgrades in certain bathroms.
Northwestern High School is a very great school. The teachers do anything in their power to make sure that their students succeed. Northwestern provides a lot of opportunities to thrive in the world around us. The teachers, administrators, and guidance counselors all give us tools to apply to our daily lives. The campus is kept very clean thanks to our lovely janitors. One thing that I love about Northwestern is that each and everyday, students are welcomed on campus with a warm smile from the teachers or administrators on morning duty. If you are looking for a warm and friendly school environment, Northwestern High School is definitely the best route to go!