Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Northwestern High School is an above average, public school located in Palmyra, IL. It has 95 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Northwestern High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B15 Students
- B-15 Students
- B14 Students
- B14 Students
- A+14 Students
- B10 Students
- B-9 Students
- B7 Students
- B6 Students
- A-6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Northwestern High School
- B+Carlinville High School
- Carlinville Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- 80 reviews
- B-Greenfield High School
- Greenfield Community Unit School District No. 10, IL
- 22 reviews
- B-Franklin Junior/Senior High School
- Franklin Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- 6 reviews
- B-Waverly Junior/Senior High School
- Waverly Community Unit School District No. 6, IL
- 13 reviews
Northwestern High School Reviews
Some may think that since I go to a low-income school and live in a small town, my opputunities are few. This is not true, I have had way more opurtunities than most do in their life, just because I have less competition to shine. My school has provided advanced technology for me to learn on and experience fro since I was in second grade. That is the greatest gift that has ever been given to me. The teachers try hard to give you their best worl, but in return they expect their students to also give them back their best work, which I think makes for a great teacher. I love the small community feeling, which consists of everbody knowing each other, teachers able to check up on your home life, and having enough time to equalize their attention on everey one of their students. Overall, I wouldn't trade my time at Northwestern High School for any other high school experience
I think that all of the teachers that I interact with are great at their jobs. The teachers are approachable and friendly when they need to be, and strict when it is required of them. They all present information to the students in a way that they are able to easily understand what it is that they are supposed to be learning and try including activities that gets the students involved. Some of the information that my teachers know is quite surprising. It seems impossible to hold all of the information they know in their heads, and yet they know what they need to know and even more. I love that the teachers are all readily available to talk with a student that is having troubles, whether it be on homework or at home. The teachers at Northwestern High School are always willing to help a student out.
I love attending Northwestern High School. I love being able to be in my different clubs and putting myself out in the world. My favorite experience would be going to Honor Band and playing among other schools to see how well we can pull together different types of pieces. I think the one thing that makes my school so unique is that, we don't really have a ranking of who is the top dogs of the school. Yes, sports are important, but we are also very involved in clubs that try to make the world a better place. We clean up our town, put on concerts, raise money for awareness of illnesses, and we all try to be a close group that can help each other. If I could attend school all over again, I would choose to go Northwestern again, just so I could get the experience of being involved with these amazing groups.