Northwestern High School is a public school located in Maple, WI. It has 451 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Northwestern High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B45 Students
- A+42 Students
- B+41 Students
- A+32 Students
- B+31 Students
- B18 Students
- B17 Students
- A-15 Students
- B15 Students
- A-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Northwestern High School Reviews
Northwestern High School has very supportive staff and a good atmosphere for the students! They offer a variety of opportunities for the students to get involved with such as sports, shop, music, or art. There are also many different educational classes, and they are currently adding more advanced classes as well. It's a great school for your kid to attend.
Northwestern is a good school where teachers actually care about you, and try to help you succeed. The community is centered around the school, and it is a close knit community. With the resources they have, Northwestern does a good job with academics, and it seems that they are always striving to help make programs better for students and teachers alike. It is in a rural area, and that can limit options, but overall it is a great place to grow up and learn. The athletics and activities are very important, and all groups have good attitudes and focus on teamwork before results.
I liked how small the school was. It was easy to get to know all the teachers, recognize all the students, and be a person instead of a number. With that size, it was hard to specialize in any academic or athletic pursuit, but in the long run that helped me be more well-rounded.