Northwest Pennsylvania Collegiate Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+122 Students
- B+105 Students
- A+90 Students
- A89 Students
- C+75 Students
- B-67 Students
- B43 Students
- A+43 Students
- A-34 Students
- A-31 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 112 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Schools like Northwest Pennsylvania Collegiate Academy
- AFairview High School
- Fairview School District, PA
- 122 reviews
- A-Fort Leboeuf Senior High School
- Fort LeBoeuf School District, PA
- 134 reviews
- B+North East High School
- North East School District, PA
- 97 reviews
- B+General McLane High School
- General McLane School District, PA
- 178 reviews
Northwest Pennsylvania Collegiate Academy Reviews
Review Northwest Pennsylvania Collegiate Academy
Collegiate may have used to have amazing teachers and administrators, but during my time at Collegiate Academy, those stellar images and titles seemed too far fetched. I can say that the majority of my teachers had favorites, which damaged students grades who were not considered favorites. Also, many of the teachers would gossip about students to the point that they had preassumed notions about individuals before they even took their class. When it comes to preparing to college, one of the best tips I can remember is to stay away from the guidance counselors. With older siblings who have experience about the application process for college, I thought I should visit the counsellors often for any questions and help I needed. However, boy was I wrong. Every time I took the effort to meeting one of the guidance counselor, I was either refused or told that she didn't know and I would have to do some more research. Some of the most disrespectful people I Have ever and will probably ever meet in my entire career. My counselor didn't even send in my transcripts before the early decision deadline so I didn't even have my application reviewed for ED! Ms. King is such a terrible person with a worse ego and anger issue. She looks down on students like me and doesn't even fulfill some of the basic requirements and duties as a guidance counselor. Also, the administration is little to no help if you are fighting depression, bullying, academic issues, etc. they seemed to worry more about bettering themselves and the school's image and leaves disadvantaged students without any reason hope to succeed. Mr. Vieira and Mr. Schneider are the worst deans you will ever meet (they are soo over paid for their jobs too). Most parents have better knowledge and direction to improve the lives of the students and the school. The faculty and administration really do not live up the image that they paint across. I, along with a myriad of their students believe Mr. Schneider should be fired, now.
Collegiate is an academic focused school, but it also involves many traditions that focus on culture, holidays, and it's students. MY school has amazing teachers who encourage ME to be all that I can be, and to do all that I can do in anything I want to do. The teachers are very supportive and the "Collegiate" environment is welcoming and creative. Most people think collegiate focuses mainly on academics, but the truth is WE focus on education, creativity whether art or music, and we focus on tradition. Collegiate is a second home that is safe, and filled with diversity. The teachers are involved in the students life and they all want us to go to College if we are planing or not they want us to take advantage of any and every learning opportunity.
The welcoming and diverse community of students and the dedication of the teachers and administration to make sure that every student had a good high school experience. Collegiate was a phenomenal school to attend!