Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Northwest High School is a public school located in Mc Dermott, OH. It has 380 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Northwest High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C86 Students
- A-51 Students
- A+45 Students
- B-24 Students
- B-22 Students
- A-20 Students
- A-20 Students
- B19 Students
- B-18 Students
- B+15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Northwest High School
- C-Eastern High School
- Eastern Local School District (Beaver), OH
- 37 reviews
- CPortsmouth West High School
- Washington-Nile Local School District, OH
- 57 reviews
- C+Portsmouth Junior/Senior High School
- Portsmouth City School District, OH
- 48 reviews
- B-Valley High School
- Valley Local School District, OH
- 33 reviews
Northwest High School Reviews
This school is really good at spending money and pumping money into its failing football team. I went to the Northwest School District from Kindergarten to 12th grade and I am severely unimpressed. Most of my academic successes are thanks to me keeping my advisors on schedule and on task. Our guidance counselors aren't wonderful at giving advice on college and the teachers are very hit or miss. There are about 5-6 good teachers in the entire high school building and the related arts teachers aren't paid attention to enough leaving them with outdated books and computers.
Northwest High School has given me many memories. I have built many friendships throughout my years here. Northwest has such a loving community and I am very thankful to be a part of that. Northwest just finished building an amazing complex for our football team and also a utility fieldhouse that other sports can use during the winter to improve their skills. I am very thankful to have this great opportunity and to call myself a Mohawk.
Northwest High School did not prepare me as well as they should have for college, or being an adult in general. However, there are few teachers there who actually care about students' grades along with their well being. It felt like Northwest valued sports over everything else.