Northwest High School is a public school located in Grand Island, NE. It has 742 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Northwest High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-184 Students
- B117 Students
- B+111 Students
- A-59 Students
- C+54 Students
- C+51 Students
- B+51 Students
- B-43 Students
- A-37 Students
- C+31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 38 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Northwest High School
- B+Wood River Rural High School
- Wood River Rural Schools, NE
- 44 reviews
- B-Centura Secondary School
- Centura Public Schools, NE
- 19 reviews
- B-Grand Island Senior High School
- Grand Island Public Schools, NE
- 156 reviews
- B-Doniphan-Trumbull Secondary School
- Doniphan-Trumbull Public Schools, NE
- 23 reviews
Northwest High School Reviews
Northwest has a strong teacher-student-parent connection that starts from 9th grade with the "Freshman Academy" and continues through the high school career. This school has east to talk to teachers, upper classmen, and administrators. We have been very happy with GINW!
Northwest High School is a great school for a student who needs to be eased into the whole high school experience. The school is not overpopulated but for students to be more comfortable, an add on would be recommended. At Northwest they have a variety of different clubs students can try, but most of them are not targeted at every student. Recently, eSports was added into the list of clubs at Northwest and that created something many more students could enjoy. Although Northwest lacks in the club area, one thing that they are amazing with is their school culture. The first Friday of every month is called 'Culture Day.' Culture day is a day where teachers are able to wear jeans to school and in their advisements, they go over the culture word of that month.
As a senior now at Northwest looking back has taught me a lot of things. This school has connected me with the best of friends and has given me the best high school experience. Having friends at school made classes more enjoyable especially since the teachers were so involved. You will never go to a Northwest game or activity and not see a handful of faculty members, they not only care about us succeeding in the classroom but they care about our success outside of class. Having all these factors together makes this school so special to myself and my classmates.