Northwest High School is a public school located in Grand Island, NE. It has 719 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Northwest High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-146 Students
- B88 Students
- B+86 Students
- A-43 Students
- B+42 Students
- C+40 Students
- C+39 Students
- B-37 Students
- A-29 Students
- C+25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 38 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Northwest High School
- B+Wood River Rural High School
- Wood River Rural Schools, NE
- 44 reviews
- B-Centura Secondary School
- Centura Public Schools, NE
- 19 reviews
- B-Grand Island Senior High School
- Grand Island Public Schools, NE
- 145 reviews
- B-Doniphan-Trumbull Secondary School
- Doniphan-Trumbull Public Schools, NE
- 23 reviews
Northwest High School Reviews
My experience with Northwest high school was very challenging in the beginning because I had moved from Chicago, IL and was a new face within the environment. I didn't make friends immediately, I actually got into it with few of my peers only because I came from another city and needed to adjust to being the new kid around. Overall, the teachers were pretty helpful and nice. When I joined the football team, that's when doors started opening for people to like me. I gained popularity, and was pretty excited. I would struggle with my classes because of this, once I got into my senior year my focus was to graduate and take the lessons from my mother so that I can succeed. Here I am now, I graduated and ready to move forth in my life with my next accomplishment and that is graduating college.
I was pretty involved throughout my high school experience and every teacher that I was involved with was very helpful, learned a lot and had a lot of fun. It was always a mixture of having fun but getting work done. Every student connecting with everyone else in the club/organization and that is what made everything successful. I would go back to this high school and relive every moment! I thoroughly enjoyed this experience.
Going to Northwest for my four years was a great experience. Throughout those four years, the school managed to make a lot of improvement. The teachers and administrators here are great, and the environment is very welcoming.