Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Northwest High School is a public school located in Cincinnati, OH. It has 921 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Northwest High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-228 Students
- A+134 Students
- A-119 Students
- B+95 Students
- A-94 Students
- B-75 Students
- B63 Students
- B-58 Students
- B-54 Students
- B51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 58 responses
- Go Bananas16%
- Spring Spirit Week16%
- Pep rallies2%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Northwest High School
- B-Colerain High School
- Northwest Local School District (Cincinnati), OH
- 344 reviews
- B-Hamilton High School
- Hamilton City School District, OH
- 195 reviews
- CWinton Woods High School
- Winton Woods City School District, OH
- 139 reviews
- BNorwood High School
- Norwood City School District, OH
- 71 reviews
Northwest High School Reviews
The people that make up Northwest are a family. This includes the staff, and the students. No matter what happens, at the end of the day, everyone in that school is always there for each other. Whether it's helping someone carry their lunch because they're on crunches, or whether it's consoling someone after a horrible tragedy happens, the people in Northwest always provide a helping hand to others. Northwest is also very diverse. We have clubs that are geared specifically towards learning about the cultures and customs of others. I have never seen or heard of a high school that is as close knit as Northwest!
The teachers are extremely supportive, they care about you as a person on a personal level and are willing to spend their own money out of pocket for the programs if that isn’t dedication I don’t know what is. The only difference I’d like to see in the school is a side walk placed on the right exit all the way down the street on both sides of the roads past the convenient stores for the children who attend we’ve had mishaps but we truly have a bunch of kids who walk home and they need to be protect by a sidewalk the board needs to protect the kids on foot.
At Northwest High School, the administration likes for all us to be equal. We have clubs for just about everything a lgbt club, diversity club, key club, and more. If there was one thing i would change about that school, it would be to make all cultures feel welcome. A club can only do so much, I believe that we should dedicate at least a week to every culture that goes to our school.