Northwest High School is an above average, public school located in Cedar Hill, MO. It has 1,831 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Northwest High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A91 Students
- A85 Students
- B+76 Students
- B72 Students
- B70 Students
- B+62 Students
- B60 Students
- A-58 Students
- A+54 Students
- B-51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Northwest High School
- B+Festus Senior High School
- Festus R-VI School District, MO
- 59 reviews
- BWindsor High School
- Windsor C-I School District, MO
- 49 reviews
- BFox Senior High School
- Fox C-VI School District, MO
- 205 reviews
- B-De Soto Senior High School
- DeSoto School District, MO
- 57 reviews
Northwest High School Reviews
I find Northwest to be a very pleasant place! All the staff and classes are wonderful, and you'll usually find at least one teacher you really click with here! We have some incredible art, music, and sports programs at the high school, and we have diligent counselors and principles willing to help you with whatever you need! After 2017, we have really been stepping up on it's safety procedures. We have gates to the parking lots, and all the doors are locked automatically. We have regular drills, and review safety procedures often. The student body however, is less than average. You're gonna need some thick skin if you wanna keep your cool here, especially at the high school. People aren't afraid to state their opinions on issues loud and clear. There isn't really that big of a bullying problem, so if you learn to keep your mouth shut when you need to and also know when to take a joke, I'm sure you'll be fine!
I loved the improvement. I really enjoyed knowing I had people to help my knowledge grow! Starting from a private school; moving to public was big change within life. Thankfully I had the resources to improve in the world. I am excited to see the things I improve within my experience of career.
Some teachers do not teach and some students get away with what ever with certain teachers. Some teachers say a few words and expect you to understand and than throw homework at you. Other teachers actually do the job and teach kids because that's what they went to collage for and that's why they worked though high school and those teachers should get recognized. School now a days needs to be revolved around making friends and wanting to get up and go not because you are forced to by the government but because you are excited about going because you know when you go the next day it will be fun. The attendance policy is absolutely ridiculous I not only say this because I'm still currently in high school but because if it wasnt so strict kids and teachers would want to go and not worry about getting a detention or worrying about getting fired.