Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Northwest High School is an above average, public school located in Cedar Hill, MO. It has 1,813 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Northwest High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus127 Students
- grade B121 Students
- grade A120 Students
- grade B minus107 Students
- grade B+103 Students
- grade B103 Students
- grade B85 Students
- grade C+79 Students
- grade A+78 Students
- grade B+75 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responses
- Football Games23%
- Pep Assemblies18%
- Spirit Week15%
- Pep rallies5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 16 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,461 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 27 responses
Schools like Northwest High School
- grade A minusFestus Senior High School
- Festus R-VI School District, MO
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 61 reviews
- grade BWindsor High School
- Windsor C-I School District, MO
- Rating 4.06 out of 5 64 reviews
- grade BFox Senior High School
- Fox C-VI School District, MO
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 231 reviews
- grade C+De Soto Senior High School
- DeSoto School District, MO
- Rating 3.21 out of 5 68 reviews
Northwest High School Reviews
Rating 3.64 out of 5 208 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I like that the teaching style is very engaged and they encourage you to be involved. This has allowed me to focus on my academics while also being involved with sports and clubs. They constantly send out surveys to check in on you and to see what they can change to help your learning environment. Another thing that I like about the school is that they try to make every sport or club available to you, for example, lacrosse is an up and coming sport that I enjoy. It is currently a club team at my school but we have worked towards making it official there. The school has worked with us to make learning and extracurriculars more enjoyable. I dislike that we lack in diversity which creates ignorance among some students. I proactively try to create change throughout my school and community by raising awareness towards social issues. I do this by bringing up discussions, signing petitions, and reposting important things that we can change within our community.
I find Northwest to be a very pleasant place! All the staff and classes are wonderful, and you'll usually find at least one teacher you really click with here! We have some incredible art, music, and sports programs at the high school, and we have diligent counselors and principles willing to help you with whatever you need! After 2017, we have really been stepping up on it's safety procedures. We have gates to the parking lots, and all the doors are locked automatically. We have regular drills, and review safety procedures often. The student body however, is less than average. You're gonna need some thick skin if you wanna keep your cool here, especially at the high school. People aren't afraid to state their opinions on issues loud and clear. There isn't really that big of a bullying problem, so if you learn to keep your mouth shut when you need to and also know when to take a joke, I'm sure you'll be fine!
I have attended Northwest High School since the second half of first grade. Although every school has negative individuals, Northwest works to provide an overall positive attitude and to produce superior students/young adults. Because of Northwest High School, I have obtained perseverance, respect, integrity, dedication, and excellence. I am forever thankful for all that the teachers and other faculty members have done in order for me to grow not only as a student, but as a decent human being. There is no greater feeling than to know that when I walk across the stage at graduation, I will know that I am fully prepared for the life ahead of me. Once a Lion, always a perseverant, respectful honorable, dedicated, and excellent Lion.