- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Sportsgrade A
Northwest Catholic is the school "where you know you belong."
Located in the beautiful town of West Hartford, ranked #15 in Best Places to Live in the U.S., NWC is home to a vibrant, diverse, academically-driven, service-oriented community. In 2019 the School ranked #1 Catholic School in Hartford County.
NWC offers a comprehensive and challenging academic program, including 17 Advanced Placement courses. With the help of experienced counselors, students build an ambitious course of study. 98% of NWC graduates continue on to colleges and universities across the country, many with merit-based scholarships, highlighting the degree of preparation and quality of instruction offered at the School.
Faith and service at NWC grow out of its rigorous academic program and focus on leadership formation. Our promise at Northwest Catholic is to educate the whole person — mind, body, spirit, and imagination.
Northwest Catholic High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A167 Students
- grade A minus82 Students
- grade A+72 Students
- grade A70 Students
- grade A+67 Students
- grade B59 Students
- grade A+56 Students
- grade B minus54 Students
- grade A minus51 Students
- grade B minus47 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 16 responses
- Hockey games19%
- Basketball games17%
- Pep Rallies17%
- Spirit Week12%
- Rival games10%
- Soccer Games7%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 22 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 17 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B+
Northwest Catholic High School Reviews
Teachers definitely have favorites and it is painfully evident during class. Everyone also knows that there are certain students that are literally hated by teachers and administration. They are often called out over the PA system or during assemblies.
Food is way overpriced and not very good. Most kids steal food.
Clubs aren’t that regulated. There are some students that sign up freshmen year and only show up for yearbook photos. Same thing with kids that manage sports to fulfill the PE credit.