Northville High School is a top rated, public school located in Northville, MI. It has 2,319 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 76% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Northville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+456 Students
- A399 Students
- B+125 Students
- B+124 Students
- B78 Students
- A+73 Students
- B+68 Students
- B-67 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+64 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB+
- Cost of LivingB-
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.51 responses
Northville High School Reviews
The school provides many different AP and IB courses, which gives students the choice of what types of subjects they want to learn about. There is also access to more hands-on classes available through the Livonia technical center, though I feel it was not advertised enough. Overall though, the atmosphere is welcoming and the school is in great condition!
NHS offers plenty of academic and extracurricular opportunities to its student. From AP and IB classes to sports and literally over a hundred clubs, success isn't hard to find if someone really wants it. For the most part, the teachers and counselors are dependable and effective in teaching. The school is well-funded and offers plenty of resources for various academic endeavors. Student life is also energetic and fun, from pep rallies to dances to spirit weeks. However, Northville is a privileged, upper middle class community and it's sometimes frustrating finding cultural, perspective, and racial diversity besides white and Asian.
I enjoy going to Northville High School. My first impressions of this school have been greatly positive. Teachers take great pride in teaching and preventing cheating, and are happy to help. The classes are laid out in a nice manner over two levels. During the three various lunches, it tends to get very crowded. This is expected in such a large school, but it is tough to purchase lunch on some days if you’re at the other end of the school. There is (literally) hundreds of clubs and various sports always going on. You’ll definitely find something you like. Bullying is a rare occurrence at this school as far as I know. I personally have not seen it anywhere. If you drive yourself to school as an upperclassman, the parking lot is a nightmare in the afternoon. Bring the older car that can get scratches/small dents, honestly.