Northview High School is a highly rated, public school located in Grand Rapids, MI. It has 1,152 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Northview High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+230 Students
- A202 Students
- C+180 Students
- A+140 Students
- B+127 Students
- B109 Students
- B96 Students
- B-75 Students
- B-41 Students
- A-39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Northview High School
- AGrandville High School
- Grandville Public Schools, MI
- 327 reviews
- AByron Center High School
- Byron Center Public Schools, MI
- 289 reviews
- BCoopersville High School
- Coopersville Area Public School District, MI
- 261 reviews
- AJenison High School
- Jenison Public Schools, MI
- 218 reviews
Northview High School Reviews
The community is very good. The academics could definitely use improvement and some of the teachers are lazy. However, there are many stellar teachers who are producing passionate young students that are prepared for college. The school spirit is very big at Northview. There's no better place!
I love the teachers and staff at the high school. They are very friendly and work with you to help with anything you need. The "new" part of the school is fantastic with renovations that brought it up to speed with the rest of the generation. The "old" part of the school often struggles with different things such as temperature regulation and occasional bathroom floods. Overall, my experience has been great.
Northview High school has yet to disappoint me. It's a great environment to be around including the students and teachers. The teachers are highly educated and one specific english teacher of mine just got her doctorate degree. I am proud to be apart of this school but like anything and anywhere, nothing is perfect. Northview ha it's imperfections. But it's those imperfections and our diversification that keeps us united. Our moto, "preparing students for life's next step," clearly portrays Northview excellence and readiness.