Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Northview High School is a highly rated, public school located in Grand Rapids, MI. It has 1,157 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Northview High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+258 Students
- A226 Students
- C+202 Students
- A+157 Students
- B+147 Students
- B122 Students
- B-114 Students
- B80 Students
- A-46 Students
- B-45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Northview High School
- AGrandville High School
- Grandville Public Schools, MI
- 352 reviews
- AByron Center High School
- Byron Center Public Schools, MI
- 297 reviews
- BCoopersville High School
- Coopersville Area Public School District, MI
- 270 reviews
- A-Jenison High School
- Jenison Public Schools, MI
- 230 reviews
Northview High School Reviews
I liked how all of the teachers were there to help the students. Many of them stayed for a long time after school to give students extra help. With the Coronavirus my school did an amazing job keeping students safe. They did a fairly good job getting me ready for college, but they could have taught students more about the process of applying. The food was decent, but once I became a vegetarian there weren't many options for me. Overall there were no options for people with food restrictions other then salad. I liked how there was a large number of different classes to take as well as a lot of AP classes. I loved how we had the opportunity to take college classes at the community college. The renovations done on the school made it look great. I wish they would have somehow made a bigger parking lot for the students.
Overall a really great place. There is more diversity than surrounding schools which is nice. MOST of the teachers and staff are phenomenal and really do care about the students. The majority of the building was renovated extremely recently and continues to get updates as need be. Cafeteria food is nice and there are many options every day. Some things I did not care for were as follows: some administration/staff (doesn't feel like they care for us), lack of air conditioning in "old" part of school, not super flexible schedules, athletic department feels borderline sexist in many scenarios.
The community is very good. The academics could definitely use improvement and some of the teachers are lazy. However, there are many stellar teachers who are producing passionate young students that are prepared for college. The school spirit is very big at Northview. There's no better place!