Northview High School is an above average, public school located in Dothan, AL. It has 1,328 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 14% of students are at least proficient in math and 36% in reading.
Northview High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B204 Students
- A192 Students
- A169 Students
- A158 Students
- B140 Students
- B-92 Students
- C+64 Students
- C-52 Students
- B-51 Students
- A-46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 103 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Northview High School Reviews
I loved all the choices students had when it came to classes. Whether they wanted general, honors, or AP course, Northview has some of everything! Because of these options, I graduated with several college credits, such as calculus, chemistry, and English! I also had several teachers and administration who generally cared about me as a student and wanted to see me succeed! Although, some of the teachers and even administration, such as the principal and vice principal, did pick favorites who were allowed to get away with breaking some rules that other students were not allowed to.
I was fortunate enough to have been taught by highly qualified English and Science teachers from freshman year until recently (senior year). The only thing I would suggest improvement in is the school's math department. This is the first year I have been taught by an extremely effective math teacher- one of the only good reputable math teachers at the school. But, even the least effective teachers at the school- the ones who just leave notes on the board to copy without much else explanation, are very open to answering questions and offering extra help outside of class. The staff is friendly and heavily involved in making the school a better place and creating a positive learning environment. There is no other place I would have rather spent my last four years of secondary education.
Overall, Northview is a great school. The teachers are willing to go out of their way to help you succeed. The students get along for the most part and everybody knows everybody. As a senior, I can honestly say that I will miss this school. It's the best school in Alabama!