Northview High School is a public school located in Dothan, AL. It has 1,348 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 11% of students are at least proficient in math and 26% in reading.
Northview High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B240 Students
- A218 Students
- A193 Students
- A-179 Students
- B156 Students
- B104 Students
- C-76 Students
- C-60 Students
- B-58 Students
- B-54 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 113 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Northview High School Reviews
The overall experience that you may get at this school really depends on what you put into it while you're there. Yes, there are some annoying students and less-than-great teachers, but that shouldn't stop you from doing well. If you really want something, you have to work for it. Northview is a good place to settle into and it isn't difficult to get used to. There are plenty of diverse clubs for things ranging from gaming to animals to SGA. And while it isn't a perfect school, it is a place of opportunity
I loved all the choices students had when it came to classes. Whether they wanted general, honors, or AP course, Northview has some of everything! Because of these options, I graduated with several college credits, such as calculus, chemistry, and English! I also had several teachers and administration who generally cared about me as a student and wanted to see me succeed! Although, some of the teachers and even administration, such as the principal and vice principal, did pick favorites who were allowed to get away with breaking some rules that other students were not allowed to.
My overall experience at Northview is okay. I haven't learned a single thing in science class since the 8th grade. And the cafeteria food is awful. On a positive note, the teachers and counselors are really nice and good at making one feel welcome. They are pretty good about looking out for their students. Northview is also pretty good at some sports, including soccer, softball, tennis, swimming, and wrestling.