Northside High School is an above average, public school located in Jacksonville, NC. It has 1,197 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Northside High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+214 Students
- B+200 Students
- A+189 Students
- B+149 Students
- B+141 Students
- B135 Students
- C+107 Students
- A-103 Students
- C+92 Students
- B-90 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Northside High School Reviews
Northside high School is a very diverse and welcoming school. Throughout my four years of attending, i have had great help from Teachers, my peers, and administration to guide me through my career path. Northside High also provides great academic programs and assists students in selecting their desired pathway. The students are always engaged in learning and have high academic standards for themselves. Sports are highly spoken of and supported immensely by faculty as well as students, and clubs are used to promote academic achievement through grades. Overall Northside is a great environment for learning and encourages students to continue with great success.
At Northside High School, I enjoyed the amount of opportunities they provide for their students, especially in clubs. They care about the safety of their students so much, that you can get suspended for bullying another student. They regularly practice fire, tornado, and lock down drills to ensure that each students to what to do Incase an emergency present itself. Students must wear IDs in order to be recognized throughout the school by staff members as well as to leave the classrooms. Northside High School does an amazing job of preparing students for college through the use of AVID and organizational skills.
Recently the school has gone up and major shift within administration. Many students at northside high school are left with holes in schedules or with out teachers for their classes. They will not let you take online classes until it is not taught at the school. Many teachers at the school are easy to talk to and many teachers at the same time are not. When it comes to sports it is usually the football team, boys basketball, boys lacrosse etc that is getting much attention while other sports are not as out there even though they have really great teams and coaches for them. Academic wise the school has a lot of AP classes for students to takes and a lot of great teachers that teach them. Northside High School is also the most diverse school in the county. Northside is also an AVID school that helps with students get ready for college, they also offer CTE studies that helps students further their education in what they want to do in life.