Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Northside High School is an above average, public school located in Fort Smith, AR. It has 1,691 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 34% in reading.
Northside High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+680 Students
- A-445 Students
- B326 Students
- B310 Students
- C+141 Students
- B121 Students
- A102 Students
- A98 Students
- B+87 Students
- B-61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
Northside High School Reviews
My experience at Northside High School has been a very good one overall. It is a very diverse school with many females/males of different family backgrounds. It is great to know that my school is diverse because it makes me less nervous knowing there are people at my school growing up with similar backgrounds. Northside High School is very welcoming to all new students that come in and that makes the Grizzly Bear (Northside’s school mascot) community more connected. We have a school store where students can buy different Northside High School clothing and students & faculty are glad to show off school spirit at pep rallies. The student section at football & basketball games is amazing because even with a loss, Northside students still show support for the sports team. There are a variety of different sports at Northside such as soccer, volleyball, track, bowling, & etc;. There is also a variety of clubs/activities such as JROTC, FBLA, etc;.Students can enroll in AP & Dual Enrollment.
I love the friendly and caring vibe that Northside High School gives off. Every time I am in the building, I feel a sense of positivity and joy. I would recommend this school to any one that I know of. The teachers and staff will make sure you feel like you are at home! Great school. Great vibes. Great energy.
After my sophomore year at Southside High School, I decided to transfer because of all of the good things I heard about Northside and I am beyond happy that I transferred there. Everyone at Northside is like a big whole family. Everyone knows everyone and the amount of diversity there was compared to Southside was extraordinary. It felt so nice to be able to belong in a school. I wished I started my high school experience with Northside instead, but needless to say I am still happy that I attended there. I learned something new everyday about the school and there were so many interesting happenings everywhere that still amazes me to this day. After my first week at Northside, I knew I would love the school and will always be a Grizzly even after I graduate. There isn't a thing that I would change about this school.