Northside High School is an above average, public school located in Fort Smith, AR. It has 1,658 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 18% of students are at least proficient in math and 39% in reading.
Northside High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+583 Students
- A-361 Students
- B269 Students
- B-253 Students
- B-121 Students
- B101 Students
- A86 Students
- A-78 Students
- B+76 Students
- A+55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 129 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.51 responses
Northside High School Reviews
My experience at northside high school has been amazing, this school is diverse,accepting, and very loving. I 100% recommend this school!
Northside is a very diverse environment full of non-judgmental people. Very diverse in race, looks, and personality. It is also pretty fun because the staff likes to try their best to get everyone involved in clubs and more. We support all of our sports organizations as well, and give them all shout outs on gnn (grizzly news network). As far as education there, the teachers really do their best to help you with anything you don't understand. We have a period called W.I.N (What I Need) and during W.I.N you're able to schedule yourself in any classes you need extra help in, or a club. So overall Northside is pretty great. The school isn't as big as other schools in our sports conference, especially with as many students as we have that attend Northside.
What I liked about Northside is the unity of the student body. The school is very diverse and it allows one to be themselves with the school. It doesn't allow anyone to feel so lonely, and the teachers actually care for you in a sense as if they were a friend. The Principle cares for the students that she goes great lengths for us. One thing I would like to see change is maybe more clubs and even more open mindedness, because we all know that there is always room for improvement with everyone and anyone.